Company: FRONTIER COMMUNICATION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
About this role:
Frontier Communications is seeking a Network Engineer who will be responsible for outside plant (OSP) engineering for all locations as assigned.
What you'll do:
Prepare detail drawings, estimate cost associated with time and materials, and provide proper justification for the design and construction of OSP telecommunications equipment and material.
- Plan new additions for OSP facilities and submit for budget consideration.
- Copper and fiber design for aerial, buried and underground environments.
- Serve as liaison between the company and outside agencies such as other telephone companies, Department of Highways, Power Companies, customers in general and property owners.
- Coordinate with Supply and Construction departments to ensure projects proceed through the construction phase on-time and on-budget.
What you bring:
- Must have a knowledge of AC/DC theory; aerial, buried and underground OSP engineering;
- strong communication skills both orally and written;
- computer skills including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Skills in Infinium, AS400, Varasset, M-6 and PROPHET
- Preferred five (5) years’ experience in the telecommunications field with qualified exposure to various fields of engineering.
- Strong Computer Skills in Window Products and must be able to learn new computer programs as required to perform job functions.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED Certificate. Preferred education would be Bachelor's Degree in related fields.
- Physical demands involve working extended hours where necessary, overnight travel, driver's license, able to work at computer station for extended periods, able to work outside in extreme heat/cold and assume on call supervisor duties as needed.
- Knowledge of CAD drawing and utilization of company FROGS system.
- Permit processes for ODOT, City, County