PLEASE NOTE: Must apply online at #removed#/careers
OUR MISSION: Together we create a joyful & vibrant community.
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing Services
DIRECT REPORTS: Caregiver, Med Tech
The LPN helps create a joyful and vibrant community by assisting the DNS with the coordination and oversight of health and supportive services provided to residents. Responsible for the day-to-day clinical operations of the community to ensure residents’ healthcare needs are met. Provides training, supervision, and monitoring of team members providing direct care within the community. Performs ongoing assessment/observation of residents’ physical and psycho-social needs and coordinates with other departments to assure quality, proactive care. Interacts directly with employees, residents, resident family members, vendors and professional contacts within the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Fosters a non-clinical, resident-centered approach to the planning and delivery of services to residents, supporting residents’ rights to participate in decision-making and treating residents with dignity and respect.
· Assesses health, functional and psychosocial status of residents, initiating individualized service plans, proactively managing care and services for each resident, and maximizing the resident’s opportunity to remain in the assisted living environment.
· Ensures that residents’ care needs are met by coordinating with other community professionals, including physicians, discharge planners, nurses, home health agency staff, case managers, and state agency personnel. Arranges ancillary services, such as pharmacy, podiatry, lab, and x-ray as needed.
· Delegates nursing tasks as allowed under applicable nursing laws and practice acts, communicating regularly with residents, their families, and their healthcare practitioners.
· Seeks out additional expertise and advice when needed to assure residents’ needs are met and proper practices followed.
· Provides training, supervision, monitoring of staff as they provide personal care, medication management, and other health-related services, assuring philosophy of care is practiced.
· Communicates regularly with residents’ families regarding health care needs. Provides instruction and reassurance for resident and families in maintaining health and managing medical conditions.
· Problem-solves with Director of Nursing to manage residents with challenging needs. Assists in assessing urgent problems and advises, supports and problem-solves with the Director of Nursing in actions to take when health concerns arise.
· Sees that all resident care is properly documented, that resident records are completed in a timely manner and maintained according to company policies.
· Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all rules and regulations pertaining to resident care. Applies new knowledge to meet the changing needs of residents.
· Participates in the marketing efforts of the management team by representing the residence in a positive manner to outside agencies and participating in community social functions.
· Attends and participates in required meetings and trainings. Stays Current on all OneMint and other system assigned tasks and duties.
· Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
· LPN degree required.
· Ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management.
· Minimum of 2 years working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies.
· One year in supervisory/management position, with experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling. Additional course work in management an asset.
· Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications.
· Current First Aid and CPR card.
· Pass a Criminal Background and fingerprint check.
· General computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word. Working knowledge of office machines (copier, fax, phone system, etc.).
· Has compassion and a special interest in working with the senior population.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and overtime, to meet the requirements of the position.
· Ability to relate positively and communicate appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers, and other employees.
· Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
· Meets all mandatory health and education requirements by State regulations.
· Ability to work independently (with minimum supervision)
· Maintains current Food Handlers card.
MUST APPLY ONLINE @ #removed#/careeers
Please apply online at #removed#/careers
Role: LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse
Apply for this job now.