The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. The center offers primary health care services, adult medicine, pediatrics, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV and homeless services. We are dedicated to health equity through the provision of culturally- and linguistically-competent services with a focus on the Latino Spanish-speaking communities. At MNHC we are committed to a culture of excellence and financial success to fulfill our mission of providing health care access for all.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the Human Resources team and Administrative team such as: make photocopies, fax documents, assist or prepare correspondence and perform a variety of other clerical functions.
- Perform general administrative duties for the Human Resources function including activities such as (but not limited to): scheduling meetings, distributing mail, maintaining files, assisting with calendar management, updating Human Resources documents, scheduling and planning interviews and etc.
- Oversee and manage the Human Resources and Job Opportunities email box. Respond and or/Direct employee questions to the appropriate Human Resources team member.
- Conduct periodic I-9, personnel, medical, credentialing, FMLA and Worker's Comp audits to ensure documentation and files are up to date and in compliance with regulations.
- Responsible for completing Employee Benefit Audits.
- Handles all employee verifications by phone or letter.
- Ensures all up-to-date legal postings are placed in a designated area within established timeframes.
- Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for Company employees at all locations.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance
- Has a solid understanding of all human resource functional areas and is familiar with internal policies and procedures.
- Administers and handles credentialing for all providers.
Other duties as assigned within scope of practice by Human Resources Assistant
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each of the essential job requirements satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Human Resources required or combination of AA Degree with 2 or more years of professional administrative experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple activities to meet organization goals and deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS/Payroll systems preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work effectively with all levels of staff.
- Must meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal, and education checks.
- Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
- Written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work, effectively as a team player and work with people of all backgrounds and at all levels.
- Uphold ethical standards, practices, department's policies/procedures and organization policies/procedures.
- Bilingual - conversational Spanish/English preferred
To Apply: #&preview=m-EXTERNAL_ajid-BhNG7
Role: Human Resources Assistant
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.