Rutherford Supply Corporation is seeking a full time Purchasing agent with expertise in the Janitorial Supplies space. We are looking for an upbeat person who can manage his/her own time. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow with a company and take ownership of a specific area in a procurement capacity.
- Verifies, prepares, and forwards purchase orders to our vendors
- Monitor sales and inventory levels of assigned vendors and categories.
- Place orders by verifying price, terms and delivery
- Resolve all receiving discrepancies with suppliers and communicate resolution to Receiving and Accounts Payable.
- Update item pricing and item information for all assigned vendors and categories.
- Respond to all departments who may need information regarding vendors, products, deliveries, etc.
- Interface with all departments and resolve problems and issues.
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures
- Requires a high school diploma plus two years of college or its equivalent with 8 - 10 years of related experience
- Knowledge in janitorial supplies purchasing and vendor management would be a huge benefit but purchasing experience and inventory management of 1 million dollars mandatory.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel and Word.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal customers/vendors
Benefits include medical, dental and life insurance, paid holidays, sick leave and 401k. We have been in business for 70 years and we are a dependable and reliable employer looking for additional members to add to our family environment. Please apply by sending your resume.
Rutherford Supply is a long time distributor of paper, chemicals, equipment, warewash and laundry products and other disposable products.
Role: Purchasing Agent
Apply for this job now.