Social Workers - Assessment Service
We have a number of exciting opportunities for Social Workers to join our Assessment Service.
Croydon has five Assessment Teams based in our modern offices in Croydon, come and join us. We are a focused service committed to improving the lives of children and young people and their families across the Borough.
Croydon is truly a unique place to practice social work – it is one of the fastest growing populations in the UK and is home to 94,000 children.
It’s an exciting time to be joining us. To meet the changing needs of our children and families we are investing more than £10 million in adapting our delivery model to support the highest quality service.
For you, this investment means you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and develop your career as well as make your mark by helping to shape the way we support children and families.
To apply, please submit your CV and supporting statement by clicking on the 'apply' button.
We are looking for passionate social workers who can demonstrate their skills, resilience and experience in;
- managing complex cases
- carrying out Child and Family Assessments with analysis of complex information
- working directly with children, young people and their families evidencing multi-agency partnerships with a robust understanding of thresholds of need.
- strong interpersonal skills to engage with families and referrers from all partner agencies
- excellent analytical and writing skills and the ability to incorporate the Strengthening Families Model in your practice which builds on families’ strengths with a focus on protective factors.
Your experience of working in a statutory setting will allow you to operate with confidence and emotional intelligence; using research to support your decision making and creating plans focused on creating positive change in children and young people’s lives.
Our offer to you
Grade 11-12 (£37,098 - £41,847) *
* In addition to the annual salary there will be a welcome payment of £1,500 (paid at 6 months) and a further £3,000 retention package (£1,500 to be paid at 12 months and £1,500 to be paid at 20 months service)
Salary - Grade 14 (£42,734 - £44,691)*
* In addition to the annual salary there will be a welcome payment of £2,500 (paid at 6 months) and a further £3,000 retention package (£1,500 to be paid at 12 months and £1,500 to be paid at 20 months service)
- 30 days’ annual leave in addition to bank holidays with the option to buy up to an additional 10 more days of annual leave through salary sacrifice
- development opportunities in key areas of practice; taking on specific lead roles, giving you the opportunity to learn and develop new skills and to develop your practice
- support practitioners in undertaking Practice Educator training
- Laptop/Phone with agile work practices
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- A core skills training & Learning Development programme
Most of all what makes Croydon special is our people – both within the council and throughout the borough. Our diverse population has made Croydon a thriving cultural hub, it also makes it a truly unique environment in which to work and practice social work.
If you would like an informal conversation about these roles please contact Veronica Leigh (Service Manager) on 0208 726 6000 (ext 52891)
Role: Social Workers - Assessment Service
Job Type: Permanent
Location: croydon, england, england
Apply for this job now.