Company: HAYS SENIOR FINANCE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
An interim Finance Manager job paying a competitive rate for a reputable organisation based in Worcester.
£220-£260 per day
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and qualified Accountant to join a business based in the centre of Worcester on an interim basis for a period of 3-4 months.
This is a temporary appointment whilst a restructure and recruitment process takes place and forms a key part of the central support services function.
Your new role
You will lead the finance function across multiple areas to ensure the business operates efficiently and effectively from a financial point of view, providing high-quality financial information to aid the strategic decision-making process. This will involve keeping the accounts up-to-date, preparing financial statements and balance sheets whilst ensuring all financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all financial reporting to Board level
- Forecast financial outcomes (cash and P&L) regularly to ensure that working capital is proactively managed
- Preparation of financial reports/rolling forecasts
- Prepare forecasts for future financial performance
- Development of management accounts to improve assessment and understanding of performance
- Budgetary review and control
- Prepare statutory accounts and all supporting schedules
- Cash flow management
- Undertake detailed financial analysis and modelling
- Maintain and implement financial policies and procedures
- Oversee the production of quarterly VAT returns
- Leadership and management of the finance team
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Extensive experience of all aspects of management and statutory reporting
- Experience of providing robust, strategic financial advice and management information up to Board level
- Leadership of a highly effective finance function
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Experience of payroll and credit management
- Commercially aware
- Strong IT and spreadsheet skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.