COMPANY: SHERATON GRAND LONDON PARK LANE
JOB TYPE: Permanent , Full Time
Working with these five unique and welldefined London Brands will unlock an outstanding opportunity to build anemotional connection with our guests and create superior service experiences.From the world of entertainment, at W Leicester Square to the world of puretradition, at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, there is always something new todiscover.
As a company that cares about your success, Marriotthas developed integrated Talent Management processes that will ultimately leadyou rising to the top of your career.
We strive to challenge our associates todevelop through our world-class learning and development programs, which willsupport you in your Marriott Journey.
- Proven sales professional with a minimum of 2 year reactive sales experience within a premium& sales organization.
- Understanding of Opera programs: Sales & Catering and PMS.
- Passionately driven towards achieving revenue goals.
- Professional and mature communication skills - verbal and written.
- Excellent standards of personal presentation.
MAIN SCOPE OF ROLE:
This position is a part of the reactive sales team who are responsible for responding to all group, conference and event related enquiries for 5 properties at the London Marriott Complex: Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Hotel, The Park Tower Knightsbridge - A Luxury Collection Hotel, Le Méridien Piccadilly, W London Leicester Square and Aloft London Excel. This position is a senior role within the team and the candidate will be responsible for handling the highest value groups and events enquiries: following set strategy for quoting, negotiating rates, contracting whilst ensuring maximum conversion levels at all times. There is a monthly revenue goal for group rooms and event spend that the candidate must achieve within this position.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answering enquiries via phone, email and various online sales platforms.
- Adhere to Marriott International as well as BDRC enquiry response standards.
- Ensure all allocated enquiries are followed up within 24-48 hours and thereafter at regular intervals to drive conversion.
- Logging and effectively managing group rooms and event enquiries in Opera system, to include: ensuring of data integrity, daily activity completion, revenue forecasting.
- Follow set conference, event and group strategy for each property when quoting pricing to maximize revenue.
- Working with global company sales system OneSource to receive enquiries and update status and proposal information.
- Use sales techniques to follow up on and convert assigned enquiries.
- Contracting of conference, event and group enquiries. Ensure a thorough understanding of events and groups contracts' business terms as well as effective use of Marriott International master service agreements.
- Ensure adherence to booking handover process to Groups and Events Planning team to ensure all booking details are communicated and excellent levels of guest service is delivered at all times.
- Conduct sales site inspections whilst adhering to company site inspection policies.
- Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all allocated enquiries and pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
- Achieve set individual monthly and annual goals (additional goals might be added):
-conference and banqueting as well as group rooms revenue goal
-enquiry conversion goal
-cross-over revenue goal for group rooms and event spend
-Opera data integrity score
-Opera activity completion score
- Set and achieve individual development annual goals.
- Assist Groups & Events Manager on any running projects as required.&
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. See descriptionRole: Senior Sales Specialist Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.