To Perform Computer Aided Drafting and Design for Multiple Engineers.
· Create, edit and design electrical, structural and/or control drawings to meet specifications utilizing AutoCAD
· Assist Engineer with plans & specifications development, and drafting of drawing packages for utility power delivery project
· Knowledge of electrical single-line and three-line diagrams, AC/DC wiring systems, and schematics
· Experience with electric substation design, electric control design, or electric power design 5kV-500kV volts
· Experience with developing site plans and electrical standards
· Coordinate with engineers to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages.
· Design or modify engineering schematics for electrical transmission and distribution systems or for electrical installation in residential, commercial, or industrial buildings, using computer-aided design (CAD) software
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
· Good understanding of basic electrical concepts
· An Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or 3+ years of related work experience in computer aided drafting or design field
- Must have working knowledge of CAD standards and drafting/engineering practices and methods
- Highly proficient in current version of Auto CADand Microsoft Office programs is required
- Self-starter who can work with little or no supervision, strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
- Ability to produce accurate work with attention to detail on time
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Construction or utility experience preferred
- Ability to interpret blueprints, schematics and drawings, technical manuals and specifications
Associate’s degree preferred, but not required from an accredited two-year college or technical school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Aided Architectural Drafting and Design.
AET offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as opportunities for training/growth and advancement.
Since 1981, American Electrical Testing Co., LLC (AET) has been a national provider of substation commissioning, acceptance testing and maintenance services to electrical transmission, distribution and generation clients, as well as large users of electrical power. AET has evolved into a successful industry leader and one of the largest independent electrical testing companies in North America. AET is NETA (International Electrical Testing Association) certified and maintains full member status.
We maintain a staff of highly trained engineers and technicians offering project management, value added engineering, design, power system studies and complete field testing services for electrical power systems and equipment from low voltage through extra high voltage.
Role: Electrical CAD Designer/Drafter
Apply for this job now.