Are you looking to secure a secondary support role after the half-term?
If so, a mixed comprehensive secondary school located on the outskirts of Wigan are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant position at the earliest convenience.
The role will commence with immediate effect and will continue until the end of the academic year initially.
- Full-time Teaching Assistant position - ASAP start
- Expected earnings of £1000-£1300 a month
- Employment of a term initially with a view to further employment
- Mixed secondary school located on the outskirts of Wigan
- Previous experience is not essential.
Due to an increase in supply, naturally at this time of year, our client secondary school are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work with various students in mainstream classroom settings. It will be your role to work alongside these identified students to make sure they are comfortable with the work that has been set and ensuring that they are able to make steady progress throughout the school year.
** SEN experience will be extremely beneficial in support of your application for this position. **
To be considered for this Teaching Assistant role you must be flexible, approachable and be able to build good relationships with students within the school. In many cases you will become the point of contact for pupils, so it is crucial that you have good safeguarding knowledge or be willing to learn the safeguarding procedures of the school.
Teaching Assistant roles and responsibilities;
- Providing support to the class teacher - assisting with the management of student behaviour
- Working alongside students in class ensuring they are able to complete the work set by the class teacher
- Working alongside pupils on a 1:1 basis, in and out of class
- Providing support to groups of identified students who may be struggling within their classes
Our partner school is much smaller in comparison with other Secondary schools in the Wigan LEA, currently holding around 700 students. The school is in an ideal location for public transport and can be very easily accessed via public transport, if commuting by car you will have access to an onsite staff car park and will be a short drive away from the A579.
If you wish to be considered then please submit an up to date CV via the link below to Zack or contact the Manchester Secondary Branch for further information.