What we need:
The purpose of this position is to support the facility operations in maintaining, repairing and monitoring of the various plant systems critical to the operation of the facility and to ensure the company maintains compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety rules and regulations.
What You’ll do:
- Assist with the Startup and commissioning of key facility systems, specific to Waste Treatment systems, Process Cooling Systems other critical production support systems.
- Become key operator of Waste Treatment System. Provide support to management for writing operational procedures, and PM procedures for managing waste system long term.
- To perform the assigned duties and task in compliance with the policies and procedures to ensure the safety and health of the employees and the environment.
- Respond to service requests and perform a variety of tasks as required to resolve facility-related problems at a journeyman skill level.
- Assist in the installation of the various facility equipment and systems.
- Monitor, collect, and analyze data to track the performance of the various systems to ensure they are operating within the specified range.
- Support the preventative maintenance program by performing maintenance and assist in the troubleshooting any breakdowns.
- Communicate Daily Passdowns.
Must be capable of performing in at least one of the following areas at a journeyman level:
- BMS - Build Management System - maintain and modify facility systems/equipment through building software program.
- HVAC - Install, modify, repair and maintain the facility heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- GENERAL CONSTRUCTION - Perform carpentry work in remodeling the facility (i.e. framing, installing dry wall, installing doors).
- ELECTRICAL - Install, troubleshoot, balance, or repair the transformers, electrical motors, panel and other electrical units. Install the wiring, conduit, electrical equipment, fixtures and accessories installation.
- PLUMBING - install and repair the plant plumbing systems and fixtures.
- DI WATER - maintain and operate the DI water facility.
- Make decisions in emergency situations
- Schedule and prioritize work effectively
Skills You’ll Need:
- A technical certification required with preferred 5 or more years of experience in industry and in facilities.
- Must be a journeyman in one area and capable of performing a variety of assignments.
- Shall be proficient in reading maintenance, manuals, blueprints and schematics.
A Facility Technician shall also:
- Have a strong working knowledge in all aspects of a defined plant system.
- Attend trade courses (.i.e., Air Conditioning, electrical fundamentals, PLC training).
- Have a good working knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety Codes and Regulations.
- Have computer skills necessary to produce reports, maintain PM program, generate/track POs, etc.
- Have ERT experience. Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee will frequently be required to stand; walk; bend, stoop, balance, crawl; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift/push or pull up to 50lbs. Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet
Role: Facilities Technician - Next Generation Solar industry
Apply for this job now.