WC Smith is currently seeking Maintenance Technicians for multiple residential properties in DC. The successful candidate will bring outstanding maintenance and customer service skills, as well as an enthusiastic spirit to ensure a first-class resident experience. This position requires significant interaction with residents and prospective tenants on a regular basis.
· Maintains security of property by ensuring building and apartment doors are locked and secure when appropriate.
· Collects work tickets in the office and performs maintenance and repairs as specified.
· Completes and submits work tickets timely and upon completion, includes legible notes on what was done, the supplies used, further follow up and materials needed, date and signature of completion.
· Assists in preventive maintenance schedules of equipment and operating systems, as well as inventory maintenance of tools, equipment, and supplies.
· Reports maintenance and repair needs to supervisor.
· Cleans and organizes the grounds, workshops, storerooms, boiler rooms, and utility rooms.
· Assists in preparing vacant units for leasing.
· Assists in snow removal at property as required.
· Assumes responsibility for after hour emergencies at the direction of manager.
· Understands and operates within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and WC Smith safety policies at all times.
· Maintains required property uniform and presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent desired.
· CFC universal certification required
· Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in residential property maintenance.
· HVAC certification strongly desired (preference given to applicants with certification)
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic maintenance and repair and the tools and equipment used in performing it.
· Knowledge of maintenance and repair tasks, tools and equipment in any of the following areas, as required: plumbing, electricity, HVAC, locks, carpentry and painting.
· Ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to process and discuss work tickets correctly.
· Outstanding customer service orientation and superb communication and interpersonal skills.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time (8 hours or more per day) to perform the following physical activities: bending, climbing step ladders, lifting, carrying, grasping, gripping, turning, reaching above shoulders, pushing and pulling, climbing stairs; stooping and squat kneel.
· Ability to work an on-call rotation schedule.
· Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
· Ability to successfully pass a background screen including credit and criminal and maintain a record that satisfies these requirements.
WC Smith is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.
WC Smith is a Washington, DC-based multidisciplinary real estate firm. The company has provided integrated real estate services to the Washington metropolitan area for over four decades. In complement to its development, construction, sales and financial divisions, the firm owns and / or manages a portfolio in excess of 10,000 units of residential real estate. With a group of subsidiary service companies under the WC Smith umbrella, the firm is able to offer exemplary service to its clients.
Role: Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.