Pay £27,500 - 30,000 FTE per annum
Actual Pro Rata Wage £23,000 - £25,800 depending on experience
Full time, term time only contract, working 36 hours over 5 days per week (plus 15 days)
Working hours, 8am - 4pm daily, overtime is paid if covering evening events.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. Recent certificate required for Level 3 Supervising Food safety in Catering. IT skills, sufficient to maintain records send and receive emails and attachments e.g working knowledge of Microsoft office Excel, Word, Outlook email
September 2021 start
Smart Teachers is seeking to appoint a Head Chef for an Independent School in Ealing, West London. The Head Chef will manage a team of 17 (4 Chefs, 8 Catering assistants, 5 dishwasher attendants/Cleaners) during food service and hospitality events. Most of the staff are based in the main school where a morning break and lunch is offered. The Head Chef would be responsible for ensuring a smooth operation in the kitchen and at front of house. The Head Chef is also responsible for the smooth operation of the sixth-form centre cafe which is based in another building, with 2 staff in attendance.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact Gabrielle Hobbs on #removed#, quoting the reference GMHCHEF46690.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.