The Staff Accountant works closely with the Director of Finance and Controller in support of increasing and changing demands in the accounting function.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Provide support for routine audits.
- Assist with month close.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Review profit and loss accounts for monthly variances and report findings.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Analyze information and options by developing and analyzing spreadsheet reports.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files and reconciling accounts.
- Maintain Accounts Payable, including preparing checks for payment.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Process inter-company consolidation.
- Process semi-monthly payroll and related transactions.
- Participate in the potential implementation of new ERP software. Knowledge,
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration,
- QuickBooks Online, Concur and payroll software experience required.
- Two to six years of accounting experience.
- Understanding of US GAAP.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience working with accounting and HR software.
- Analytical Thinking - Able to analyze data and notice discrepancies and inconsistencies in information.
- Attention to Detail - Highly detail-oriented and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks. Is discrete when handling confidential details and is careful to protect information.
- Planning and Organizing - Strong task management skills and able to identify and balance competing priorities. Able to scope, organize, and execute multiple projects with interrelated goals.
- Building Relationships - Strong ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization, and engage collaboratively with others across multiple business functions.
- Client Focus - Strong customer service skills and commitment to providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers.
- Communication - Superior communication and active listening skills and able to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Able to work well and thrive in a team-based, collaborative environment.
- Creativity and Innovation - Able to look beyond current practices and use innovative thinking to identify new opportunities and solutions.
- Judgment and Decision-Making - Must be able to analyze problems effectively using available information and resources in order to make good decisions
Powered by JazzHR