Title: Project Manager
Location: Remote and Richmond, VA
Duration: 12 Months with Possible Extension
The client is seeking a project manager with proven experience managing large projects in excess of 1M dollars. Must have experience with vendor management, specifically in the area of detailed planning, requirements analysis, product development, oversight and implementation of SaaS based solutions that include large data conversion activities. The PM is expected to manage risks, milestone deliverables and validation of security requirements. Knowledgeable in applications of scrum, waterfall, and agile methodologies and skilled in developing processes that facilitate continual progress and team achievement. Adept at employing cross-platform applications and identifying security issues. Manage project timelines/milestones and communicate with management staff and clients to ensure the project is implemented successfully. PMI PMP/Agile certified and/or experience as a certified Commonwealth of Virginia qualified Project Manager is required. Candidate must meet PM Requirements, which may require an additional class or testing requirements prior to approval to manage client major projects.
The Project Manager should be well versed in, and have led, both Traditional and Agile project methodologies. The selected candidate is responsible for successfully planning, leading, organizing, and motivating these diverse project teams throughout all phases of the Commonwealth Project Management Standard: Select, Initiation, Planning, Execution and Control, and Closeout, and ultimately for delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to the Commonwealth's internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments and removing roadblocks to their work.
- Primary interface with the vendor Project Manager on the coordination of deliverables and millstones.
- Responsible for creating the client/Agency Project Charter, CBA, Schedule and other required client artifacts to include scheduled published status reports.
- Facilitate multi-disciplinary teams in the development of plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for completion of a project.
- Oversee and manage execution and/or coordination of day-to-day project activities as required.
- Manage working relationships with key stakeholders, including executive management, business management, vendors, project sponsors, suppliers, and technology management.
- Set project goals that are consistent with business objectives.
- Track and communicate project's progress from a schedule, cost, and risk perspective to the project team, customers, and project stakeholders.
- Adapt project specifications, plans, and approach to the different concerns and expectations of stakeholders.
- Monitor progress by third-party vendors, and define and measure their progress with metrics.
- Develop and maintain project budget, plans, tasks, schedules, risks, and status, to include resource allocation and schedules.
- Adhere to Treasury and client project management practices and governance requirements.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong experience in developing, executing, and managing third-party / vendor-led projects.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to simplify and communicate complex issues to multiple audiences.
- Ability to work with customers, understand their business practices, and manage their expectations.
- Ability to lead others to implement new approaches, systems, structures and methods.
- Ability to balance both business and technical backgrounds in order to provide highly credible leadership to technology teams.
- Ability to define and balance the competing demands for quality, scope, schedule, and cost.
- Ability to analyze and document business and system processes.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices. In addition, the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a particular project and business environment.
- Knowledge of process engineering and re-engineering techniques and practices.
- Fluency in Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio, and Office
Required / Desired
Years of Experience
IT Project Management experience
SaaS Based Project Implementations
COV (client) Qualified PM (*if selected will need to complete COV cert within 30 days of start)
Experience with PlanView Project and Portfolio Management
Experience supporting client and/or Commonwealth of Virginia Agencies
Powered by JazzHR