A RN Case Manager assigned to a designated caseload of patients. His or her responsibilities include assessing needs, developing, implementing, and evaluating a collaborative plan of care with the IDG members. In addition, the Nurse provides direct patient care on an ongoing basis, in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and Hospice standards of care.
- Serve as a member of the IDG.
- Coordinates and develops an initial/comprehensive plan of care for each patient, with goals of care defined by the patient/family, physician and the Hospice IDG. Update the plan of care at least every 14 days based on the goals of care per patient/family, Hospice IDG, and physician.
- Provide nursing services (treatment of symptoms, education, nutritional counseling, preventive measures, etc.) according to the plan of care that has been developed on an ongoing basis.
- Arrange additional services as determined by the IDG, physician, patient and family (i.e. x-rays, Labs, ambulance, dietary, etc.)
- Instruct the family on in home-care techniques, disease management, death and dying, symptom management, contacting the hospice staff 24/7.
- Inform the patient's physician, family and other members of the IDG of any pertinent change in condition.
- Participate in providing 24-hour on-call service seven days a week as part of a rotation when needed.
- Provide services to the family at the time of death.
- Supervise Hospice Aide/LPN services provided to assigned patients.
- Maintain and update patient/family written/electronic medical records
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse
- Two years hospice/home health experience preferred,
- Must have extensive computer skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, email, and internet skills.
- Valid driver's license
- On-call availability,
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience with electronic medical record
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Salary Commensurate based on experience.
Mountain Valley Hospice & Palliative Care is a nonprofit organization providing high quality end-of-life care in 17 counties from 9 locations in North Carolina and Virginia.
Through its team of hospice professionals and specially trained volunteers, Mountain Valley Hospice addresses the growing need for compassionate hospice care through offices in Mount Airy, Yadkinville, Elkin, and Pilot Mountain, NC; and in Hillsville, Martinsville, and Stuart, VA. Mountain Valley Hospice also owns and operates 2 hospice inpatient facilities. The Joan and Howard Woltz Hospice Home in Dobson, NC and the SECU Hospice Care Center in Yadkinville, NC. Both offer a homelike setting with state of the art amenities such as family rooms, mediation room, children's play room and much more for patients and families alike. The goal for both facilities is to help families be a comfortable as possible as they stay close by their loved one during this time when families are needed most.
Role: RN Case Manager
Apply for this job now.