Industry Accountant required north of Leeds, North Yorkshire.
Currently home based, this role intends to return to office when Covid conditions allow.
Working in a fast-paced working environment, the Accountant will provide support to the Finance Manager in the day-to-day completion of all finance related tasks.
- •Accounting and financial reporting for a group subsidiary company, from ensuring day-to-day transactions are entered into the accounting system correctly, through to meeting all internal and external reporting requirements in full, on time and with high accuracy.
- •Work closely with the Finance Manager to develop knowledge and understanding of all business and Finance activities/systems in order to further support other members of the Finance and Credit Control teams, with their daily work tasks.
- •Transactional Tasks - Lead on entering purchase invoices, bank posting / reconciliation, journal entries.
- •Cash Management - weekly production of cash forecast, managing supplier payments, credit control, improvements to accuracy of timing and forecasts.
- •Forecasting and Budgeting - weekly sales forecast, P&L forecasts through the year, lead on annual budgeting process.
- •Monthly Reporting - accurate monthly accounts to group finance, detailed commentary to regional managers, balance sheet reconciliations, external reporting.
- •Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- •Experience in working in a similar role
- •Confident and professional manner
- •Sound understanding of accounting techniques and double entry bookkeeping
- •Ability to work productively and flexibly under pressure to meet tight deadlines, especially month end
- •Strong communication skills in order to work alongside colleagues and external parties
- •Self-starter who wishes to take ownership of the role and can suggest areas of development to create greater efficiencies within the role
- •Work well within a team as well as by yourself
- •SAP Business One a benefit but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a sustainable and developing business.