The Heavy Equipment Operator operates a variety of contractor equipment and trucks used in construction, maintenance and repair activities, and performs a variety of semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance of light, street and storm drainage systems.
- Operates trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies;
- Operates trucks and construction or power equipment, such as mechanized broom, backhoe, man-lift, dump truck, road grater, front-end loader, hydraulic excavators, skid steers and inductor truck;
- Operates jackhammers, mowers, brush chippers and other small equipment and tools to maintain street and utility systems;
- Works with and assists the line crew in digging ditches and trenches, hoisting materials, tools, equipment, and any related work with a backhoe, road grater or front-end loader;
- Performs routine inspections and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor, and cleans equipment;
- Assists in the installing and maintenance of traffic control devices;
- Plows snow and salts roads according to departmental policy;
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards;
- Adhere to State, Federal and company safety policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Four (4) years of experience involving the use of medium and heavy equipment, two (2) of which must have been related to utility or street systems
- PREFERRED: Three (3) - Six (6) years of previous Heavy Equipment and Construction experience
- Valid CDL License
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job site
CMES, Inc. is a Road and Bridge construction company that also includes mass grading, underground utility, park renovations. The initial operations of CMES, Inc. were conducted from the home in Lawrenceville, Georgia by the founders, who were the only employees for a time, working diligently to obtain and complete projects within budget and on time as per contract specifications. Today, CMES, Inc. has grown to a workforce of 200+ dedicated workers and located in a 13500 square foot facility which houses an estimating, accounting, and contract departments. A fleet of more than 250+ vehicles and heavy construction equipment is owned by CMES, Inc. which facilitates the completion of all projects obtained satisfactorily. CMES, Inc.
Role: Heavy Equipment Operator
Apply for this job now.