Looking for job stability, opportunities for internal growth, and a positive- teamwork oriented work environment? We've partnered with an established Seafood Company who is looking to add a Quality Assurance Technician.
Enjoy a positive company culture, competitive pay, and great health/dental benefits while working in a stable food production facility that has been family owned for 80+ years.
Quality Assurance Technician Responsibilities:
* Review analytical test results in order to assure desired quality of seafood used for processing; compiling
* data for quality reports or rejections from vendors
* Orders QA supplies
* Verify and monitor information including foreign object detection outcomes, HACCP violations, GMP
* violations, etc.
* Maintain and scheduling calibrations of standards to ensure requirements are being met accurately
* Monitor shelf life of raw materials and finished products
* Monitor hold products
* Monitor allergen program, and update allergen listing and information
* Monitors ATP and monthly swab performance; adding the results to a trend log
* Assists on the development of procedures and training documents for aspects of Processing
* Monitor sanitation throughout the plant to ensure compliance with FDA "Good Manufacturing Practices"
* Notify appropriate personnel for correction of deficiencies
* Record deficiencies and corrective action taken on daily sanitation report
* Maintain a 'Notice of Unusual Occurrences' (NUOCA) log regarding HACCP issues
* Report quarterly results to the HACCP Team to be discussed and resolved
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor's degree and/or 3 years related experience some education related to the work experience
* HACCP certification and experience managing a HACCP plan and a SQF Certification program
* Ability to make responsible decisions based on facts, regulations, and/or industry guidelines
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Resumes may be confidentially submitted to #removed#
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.