Responsibilities of our Glasshouse Sales Lead include:
Teamwork & Leadership
· Through teamwork, in partnership with all the Glasshouse staff, and with input from the Nursery Manager, establish daily plans to ensure job assignments are identified and completed.
· Lead all training initiatives for the Glasshouse staff.
Customer Sales & Service
· Assist customers with their indoor plant selections and questions both instore and on the phone.
· Diagnose indoor plant problems and recommend treatment, products, or replacement plants.
· Resolve higher level customer concerns brought by sales staff (with the Nursery Manager as needed).
Indoor Plant Maintenance and Stocking
· Ensure the highest care of all plant material received in the department to promote the healthiest product and minimize waste.
· Coordinate daily and weekly maintenance needs of indoor plants in partnership with the Glasshouse sales team.
· Receive, stock, and display product with direction from Nursery Manager and visual staff.
· Assist in purchasing highest quality tropical foliage, indoor plants, and flowering plants under the supervision of the Nursery Manager and Visual Manager by making buying decisions based on best quality, price, availability and service strategy.
· Assist in developing a network of reliable, high quality vendors.
· Keep abreast of new developments within the green industry through journals, seminars, visits to local suppliers, trade shows etc.
· Generate purchase orders and product codes for all products.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Previous retail sales, customer service, supervisory, and buying experience, ideally in the green industry.
· Proven knowledge of indoor, tropical, and flowering plants.
· Ability to work 5+ days per week, including at least one weekend day, with flexibility of varied hours as the needs of our seasonal business dictates.
· Ability to lift 40 pounds and stand on your feet for long periods of time.
· Confident, well-versed communicator who utilizes multiple channels for most appropriate delivery of information to staff, customers, vendors and management.
· Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and proficiency in POS and inventory systems (Counter Point and SQL experience is a plus).
Competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurances; paid time off; holidays; 401(k) with match; and product discount.
Chalet procures the very best plant material in order to serve Chalet customers at both our retail nursery and garden center in Wilmette, IL, and our landscape division in North Chicago, IL. We have an opportunity for an Annual Buyer to join our team.
Role: Indoor Plants Salesperson / Houseplant Sales / Garden Center Sales
Apply for this job now.