Special Events Manager
Reports to: Director Special Events
Payroll Classification: Salaried Exempt
Department: Conference Services
For fast results and consideration, please apply on our website: #
Scope and General Purpose:
To create and manage events our guests will remember for their organization, attention to detail and extraordinary service standards. This position is responsible for the detailing, planning and helping execute all wedding and social events as assigned. This includes heavy interaction with clients and vendors and conducting site and planning visits.
· Planning & Communication
· Prompt return of all phone calls and emails to both clients and vendors
· Conducting planning sessions and tastings with contracted clients
· Facilitating tasting and planning of menus for weddings and social events
· Advising clients on function set ups/layouts
· Directing clients to appropriate vendors and arranging vendors to supply special needs of guests
· Arranging for proper billing with the accounting department
· Getting signed BEO’s and cost estimates
· Calculating and receiving deposits on time
· Detail assigned programs and menus
· Review and distribute BEOs and resumes to appropriate departments and personnel
· Communicate any guestroom needs with appropriate personnel
· Complete and distribute a timeline for the event to ensure the necessary assistance of the staff
· Detail list of guests comments for staff review
· Attend F&B meetings to communicate special requests, client concerns and setup requests
· Arrange for special billing instructions
· Verify any changes in space needs
· Hosting Events
· Greeting host upon arrival
· Review sites for events with guests
· Arrange and host menu tastings with Chef
· Handle guests special requests or last minute changes
· Check setup of function/meal space to ensure accuracy
· Continuously remain in contact with guests during visit to ensure satisfaction or arrange for any special requests
· Meet with host on departure to convey gratitude
· Continued Guest and Vendor contact
· Maintain detailed data base of clients, remembering that all guests are potential members
· Contact all clients within 5 days to ensure satisfaction and to convey our gratitude
· Review detailed daily billing to ensure accuracy on departure
· Maintain a good working relationship with our preferred vendors
· Accurately perform administrative tasks as need or assigned
· Maintenance of all client files including contract turn-overs.
· Any and all other duties as deemed necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements
· Secondary diploma is required. College experience is an asset but not required.
· 2 years experience in Special Events Management essential. Knowledge of Wedding planning & execution beneficial.
· Excellent phone, communication and guest relation skills in English.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· A good knowledge of the surrounding areas.
· Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
· Regular and predictable attendance.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Essential duties require long periods of sitting, hearing, speaking, reading from a computer screen and keyboarding; frequent reaching and kneeling; and other moderate physical activity. The employee must have normal vision (corrected) including close and color vision, hearing and verbal communication. Must be able to lift and carry promotional materials etc. of up to 25 lbs. Site visits include touring the property with guests which require long periods of standing and walking and/or driving a golf cart around the property.
Planning duties are typically performed in an indoor setting; however, most events and site visits hosted take place out of doors and in the elements. The wedding planning office has multiple workstations with multiple phone lines. Incoming calls are frequent, work is fast paced and the noise level is moderate to loud.
This Job Description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; however, it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned
Job Type: Full-time
About Barnsley Resort in Adairsville, Georgia:
At Barnsley Resort we believe in creating unique, authentic experiences for our guests and the same is true for our colleagues. Whether seeking a new opportunity or the next step in a hospitality career, joining our team of colleagues offers the opportunity to work in a world-class resort environment. Barnsley Resort, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a luxurious spa, championship golf course, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays course, hunting plantation and both fine and casual dining restaurants. The resort is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and has been named one of the 10 Best Southern Resorts by USA Today, "The World's Best Places To Stay" by Conde Nast Traveler, 10 Best Spas in Atlanta by USA Today, as well as one of The Knot s "Best Wedding Venues". Barnsley Resort's unique cottage style setting has become the preferred destination of many. We look forward to your consideration in making Barnsley Resort your preferred employer.
How to apply:Directly through Zip Recruiter or visit our website employment section at #
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.
Role: Special Events Manager
Apply for this job now.