** This opportunity is located in Tiburon, CA **
The Banquet Manager is responsible for the successful execution and service of all Banquet events held at the Hotel. The Banquet Manager will oversee the day-to-day operation and planning, all the events and activities held in the hotel. Banquet manager will be responsible for the overall financial performance of the banquet operations department.
• Provide leadership and support for assisting banquet service staff.
• Provide employees with orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities.
• Communicate performance expectations and provide employees with on-going feedback.
• Provide employees with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential.
• Schedule employees to meet banquet labor expense projections and staff events.
• Conduct performance appraisals and disciplinary action.
• Supervise daily banquet operations, establishing and maintaining banquet policies and procedures.
• Direct the set-up of banquet tables and areas for banquet functions.
• Conduct pre-function meeting with staff to ensure the proper service and requirements of banquet functions are met.
• Lead Banquet Event Order (BEO) meetings on a weekly basis.
• Review BEO’s for errors and make corrections.
• Anticipate banquet scheduling and supply needs based on BEO’s and forecasting.
• Communicate regularly with Sales, Catering, and kitchen to coordinate events.
• Inspect banquet rooms to ensure setup meets client expectations. Rectify deficiencies immediately.
• Order linens, food products, equipment, and other banquet supplies to meet department needs.
• Collaborate with Restaurant General Manager on achieving financial objectives by forecasting, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
• Lead monthly inventories.
• Monitor and control labor costs.
• Responsible for Guest Satisfaction in terms of food and beverage, hospitality and service standards.
• Create 100% guest satisfaction by providing the experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations.
• Give personal attention, take personal responsibility and use teamwork when providing guest service.
• Listen, apologize with empathy, find a solution and follow through when resolving guest problems.
• Provide genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis.
• Provide a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs and Health Department requirements.
• Establish and maintain an effective communication and information system through logs, emails, daily and weekly meetings, and open communication with all departments.
• Implement recognition programs and celebrate Banquet employees’ performance contributions.
• Develop and carry-out ideas and procedures to continuously improve the department’s performance.
• Monitor the performance to ensure adherence to all service standards, sanitation standards, and productivity standards.
• Ensure company P&P’s, service and grooming standards are maintained at all times.
• Exhibit a positive and involved team attitude to all and promote positive relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust and mutual respect.
• Respond to questions from groups of managers, guests, staff, and general public.
• Attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
• Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Must have previous Food and Beverage supervisory experience in a similar environment.
• The ability to respond to inquiries, handle complaints and create a sense of satisfaction to employees and guests.
• Knowledge of safety programs and regulations.
• Read, write, and speak English fluently.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, proportions, volume and cost of sales.
• Ability to perform advances kitchen math such as determining menu costing.
• Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing and email.
• Must have an unexpired Food Handlers Safety Certificate.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report or schedule
• Experience in meeting deadlines and multiple priorities of business demands as required. Possess basic knowledge of business contracts.
• Able to work with little or no supervision.
About The Lodge at Tiburon
Nestled at the tip of the scenic Tiburon Peninsula on the San Francisco Bay, The Lodge at Tiburon, a three-story, 103-room California Craftsman-style upscale hotel is set among three beautiful acres, just off Tiburon Blvd., in this quaint Marin County sailing village.
Role: Banquet Manager
Apply for this job now.