If you aspire to help children with SEN achieve their potential, a career as a special educational needs Teacher would suit you!
TeacherActive are currently recruiting for a SEN Teacher (Primary) for a Pupil Referral Unit based in Derbyshire.
As a special Needs Teacher, you'll work with children and young people who need extra support or require an advanced programme of learning in order to reach their full educational potential.
The provision provides education for children in KS2 who are at risk of exclusion or who have been permenently excluded from mainstream school.
A key aspect of working in this field is identifying individual needs and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
As a Special Needs Teacher, you'll need to:
- Teach either individuals or small groups of pupils within, or outside the class
- Prepare lessons and resources
- Develop and adapt conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils
- Liaise with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
- Work closely with parents and guardians
- Attend statutory annual reviews or other related meetings, such as Looked After Child (LAC) reviews, regarding students with a SEN, which may involve reviewing Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans
- Manage behaviour.
For this role, you must have Qualified Teacher Status and have a minimum of 6 months experience in a UK school.
If you possess the qualities above, then we would love to have you on board!
To apply please call Katie on 0115 824 1888 or email an updated CV to #removed#