Horizon Care and Education have an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to join our Alternative Learning Team in the Kirklees region!
Bright Futures, Inspired By You.
Horizon Education Alternative Learning (HEAL) offers a tailored one-to-one approach in delivering short-term education for young people who may struggle to maintain attendance and learning within a school environment.
There's nothing more rewarding than helping someone believe in themselves, have the confidence to celebrate their own uniqueness and achieve success that is personal to them.
How you'll be rewarded:
- Competitive salary - We're committed to recognising your hard work and offer a competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work with children 1:1 outside of a school setting.
- Opportunity to progress in your career through our Education Academy, and ongoing training and professional development.
- Occasional opportunity to work throughout the school holidays
- Comprehensive and tailored induction programme including face to face training, online modules, shadow shifts and local induction period.
- Face-to-face therapeutic training and support for all colleagues via our SHINE programme.
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all colleagues on a variety of topics.
- Free DBS check and Update Service subscription.
- Colleague referral scheme with cash rewards - earn up to £500 per referral.
- Government pension scheme.
- Employee assistance programme - free, confidential support via Bupa.
- Community and wellbeing - Your wellbeing matters to us, and we are committed to ensuring you get all the support you need to feel good about what you do. We're in this together.
About the role:
As a Teaching Assistant you will work with a range of children, and work to achieve a positive learning outcome for all our students, regardless of the challenges they face. As this role is based in the community, you must have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
The role involves:
- Assisting in educational and social development of students.
- Working with children with SEN and/or children who have struggled in a mainstream school environment.
- Deliver 1:1 lesson's that are produced in conjunction with our HEAL Teachers and Head Teacher.
- Working 1:1 with children in a variety of non-school settings.
- Supporting children with learning and education based on their individual needs.
- Making a difference to children's lives!
- You will need to have access to a vehicle as our students are usually taught either at their own home or in a community-based setting
If you are passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and enabling them to shape their own future, then we want you to be part of our team.
To start your education journey with Horizon, click apply now!
Horizon Care and Education are committed to providing equal opportunities and we endeavour to provide an inclusive and safe working culture for all.