The SRT SCIDA Site Engineer is responsible to the IMD Project Manager through Air SCIDA UK Engineering Manager to deliver SCIDA services to the MoD Defence Digital Site Readiness Team (SRT). The post holder is expected to visit the sites within their AOR on an as required basis to address issues and maintain contact with Defence Digital staffs.
You are to act as the focal point for enquiries relating to engineering standards within their allocated sites, primarily focussing on JSP 604, 440 and AP 600 and additionally any related British Standards.
You are to provide guidance and advice to the site staff to ensure you comply with the requirements for submission of ECR for changes to all CIS installations on the site; iaw JSP 604.
The SRT SCIDA Site Engineer will seek opportunities for business development within the existing contracts and with potential new clients and lead continuous improvements in the services delivered.
Provide SCIDA support, scrutinise designs and review all ECR documentation to ensure Prime/3rd party contractors adhered to standards laid down in JSP 604, 440, and any other relevant standards.
Ensure GFA requirements are submitted to the relevant agency for action and ensure VFM checks have been completed, gain approval for all GFA over the £5k threshold, ensure all GFA is logged tracked and monitored through to completion.
Work with Prime/3rd party contractors to rectify non-compliant issues, facilitating design reviews with customer stakeholders and agreeing changes to standard designs to meet Customer requirements.
Ensure Electrical Certification Team have correct POC's and Cabinet details for multiple projects that require certification.
Provide Technical and Project Support to the BT DFTS Extension programme including:
* Creating process/flow chart documentation.
* Reviewing all ECR documentation and design documents.
* Provision of GFA both permanent and temporary for multiple Technical Refresh projects and New deliveries.
* Migration of services.
* Track and monitor all projects to completion.
* Other SCIDA Deliverables To facilitate the correct operation of the ECR process within their AOR.
* To plan and undertake site audits if required by MoD Defence digital Line Manager and produce the corresponding audit report and associated SLA changes in the required time scales.
* To attend siting boards and surveys if required. To support on-site staff with the pursuance of their duties in maintaining the operational status of the CIS
* To scrutinise designs for installations and identify where these designs do not comply with regulations or local Sy requirements.
* To provide briefings as required to site staff on identified issues. To submit drawings for correction following audits and inspections.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark.
Role: SCIDA Site Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.