For over fifty years, the Moran Group of companies has focused on life safety and life comfort across the nation. Headquartered in Northbrook, IL, the Moran Group provides a full spectrum of mechanical services for the commercial, industrial, and residential markets: HVAC installation and maintenance, fire protection, and plumbing.
The Moran Group prides itself on nurturing its employees to promote career development and retention. At the Moran Group, employees are considered partners and are valued for their part in the company’s growth.
Located in Northbrook, IL and Griffith, IN, F.E. Moran Fire Protection North is a company within the Moran Group of companies. They provide fire sprinkler and alarm installation, maintenance, inspection, and testing for a variety of markets in the Chicagoland area and Indiana.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Fire Sprinkler System Designer prepares code compliant fire sprinkler designs using Autocad and Hydratec fire protection software, lists all materials for fabrication and purchase and details shop drawing for installation.
- Prepares code compliant fire sprinkler design shop drawings using Autocad and Hydratec fire protection software.
- Hydraulically calculates systems to determine pipe sizes.
- Prepares material and drawings for Architect and AHJ review.
- Coordinates pipe and sprinkler locations with building components.
- Coordinates pipe and sprinkler locations with other trades.
- Performs field surveys.
- Attends project specific meetings.
- Lists all material for fabrication and purchase.
- Details ship drawing for installation.
- Strong analytical and mathematical aptitude
- Thorough knowledge of NFPA stands and Chicago codes.
- Familiarity with general construction practices and terms.
- Ability to read and understand construction blueprints.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Good working knowledge of hydraulic calculations.
- Good working knowledge of stocklisting.
- Experience with Hydratec Fire Protection design software.
- NICET level 2 or 3 certification.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills
- Self-starter able to work within team environment.
- Attention to detail.
Family owned 3rd Generation Mechanical Contracting company, 100% management approval rating!
Role: Fire Sprinkler System Designer
Apply for this job now.