MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow Part time working considered The Opportunity
Electronic Engineering (EE) has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution within MBDA: a world-class European missile company.
The growing workload within MBDA has created exciting opportunities within the Electronic Engineering function for Electrical/Electronic Architects to define and develop technical solutions and design strategies for our electronic equipment.
You will be responsible for managing the technical elements of Electronic equipment, working alongside the Engineering Project Manager to ensure the ‘On Time, On Cost, On Quality’ delivery of the technical solution. What are we looking for?
Ideally educated to degree level or an equivalent qualification, with an electronics bias, having obtained substantial experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems
- Power electronics for distributed power networks
- Design of equipment for safety critical environments
- Design of equipment for handling of sensitive customer data
- Understanding of software and firmware development techniques
- Compact packaging and thermal management techniques for complex high performance electronic equipment.
- Ideally, some understanding of internal computing design covering System on Chip technologies
- RF, Signal Processing & Software Defined Radio experience desirable
- EMC and Environmental design experience desirable
In this role, you will be required to analyse and summarise design data from multiple sources clearly and succinctly, in order to develop a robust product design and development strategy.
To do this successfully, you will need to have:
- An excellent understanding of the systems development lifecycle throughout the complete V-model for sub-system development.
- The curiosity and enthusiasm to keep up-to-date with latest engineering techniques and products
- Ability to think outside of the box to implement innovative and effective engineering solutions.
- The ability to communicate with stakeholders clearly and concisely on technical matters.
- Strong influencing skills and stakeholder management.
- The ability to work independently & pro-actively
- The ability to adapt quickly to obstacles and changing demands.
- Willingness to travel within UK and Europe when required
The role is responsible for the definition of the electrical and mechanical architecture of the equipment and the analysis and decomposition to the lower level requirements for the sub-elements.
Typically, responsibilities include:
What’s great about the team?
- Establishing the equipment architecture definition and justifying design decisions
- Identifying and managing technical risk throughout the development lifecycle.
- Generating Cardinal Point Specifications / Technical Requirement Specifications
- Promoting reusable functions and modules ( computing cores).
- Overseeing the development, ensuring compliance with the established architecture.
- Managing project technical delivery by leading the design and development of a technical solution that is fully compliant with the CPS and TRS, and is a quality (value for money/fit for purpose) product delivered to project schedule and budget.
- Providing input and support to the Test and Evaluation team throughout the development of the verification and validation strategy for the equipment.
- Collaborating with the Technical Expert (TX) community to develop product roadmaps and develop Product Evolution and Technology Plans for relevant technologies.
MBDA people are extremely competent and highly committed.
As an organisation, we work on technologies that make us the best at what we do.
Properly supported, our people can do extraordinary things and so can you.Pride
We love our jobs.
What we do is important to us, to our families and to our nation.
We excel because we want to ensure freedom of choice and expression.Support
We all need a steer, a little advice.
No business does this better.
You will get the support of a mentor network, a people management community (who offer leadership support through focus groups & hosting internationally renowned experts in leadership) and peers and the people you are there to support will support you.
We work better as a team and when you join our team, you will be made welcome.We strive to be better
We encourage you to teach us, and if you are great at what you do we want you to share your knowledge and experience to help us improve.
EE is comprised of dedicated and adaptable engineers who rise to challenges and take great pride in what they do. What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working ; MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.