My Shortlist

Your shortlisted jobs will appear here. To view your shortlist, please login or register

More Jobs Like This
DATE ADDED: Mon 04/03/2019

Senior Setter

Winsford, UK
APPLY NOW

JOB TYPE: Permanent

SALARY: £38000 - £40000/annum

Location - Winsford

Working Hours - 4 on 4 off 4 days, 4 rest, 4 nights, 4 rest - on rotation

05:55 - 18:00/ 17:55 - 06:00

Salary - £38,000 - £40,000

27 days annual leave

The role is 90% shop floor based with the remaining 10% of time being used for reporting, attending meetings and self-development.

Job Purpose

• To lead all setting activity on the shift. Providing guidance and mentoring to the shift as well as ensuring all process packs are adhered to or amended when required.

• To feedback processing issues into the management team, coordinating the resolution of the problems through to completion.

• To maintain the setting plan in line with the main production plan to ensure tools are ready to run in line with production requirements.

Duties and Responsibilities

Safety - Directly responsible for and ensuring the setters on shift adhere to company safety procedures when setting tools in machines. To minimise the opportunities for accident occurrences by the use of prevention tools such as 30 second risk assessment, hazard spotting and where necessary perform thorough accident investigations in a timely manner. To document 1 30 second risk assessment per shift.

Quality - To ensure that equipment within the manufacturing area is set so that product produced will comply with the company’s quality standards and to ensure that customer concerns are minimised and P.P.M. targets are achieved.

Cost Control - Control process parameters in order to maximise manufacturing efficiencies, whilst ensuring down time and non-value added activities such as job setting and scrap generation are minimised, through the effective utilisation of SAMS tools and techniques.

Delivery - To ensure that jobs are set in machines in accordance with the production plan and the approval process, and that the Cell Leader is notified on completion of the job change.

in the plant and across shifts.

Skills and Experience

• Have good people management skills, able to coach and direct other setters on the shift.

• A technical understanding of the operation and process setting of moulding machines and of, tool setting, overhead cranes, the setting of robots and material conveyors, is essential to the job.

• Tools - The competent use of all hand and power tools necessary for task completion.

• Quality jigs and fixtures - Ability to operate, read and interpret key measuring equipment.

• Iscala computer system - Operation of system sufficient to ensure the correct start-up of planned orders.

• Mattec - Input and interrogation of the system on quality and performance issues.

Supervision

• Responsible for the technical supervision of the Setting Team on shift and the Toolroom priorities to ensure the plan is met during absence of Engineering Support Manager.

• Ensure all reports are completed

• Assignment and Review of Work

• SAMS reporting structure

Decision Making Authority

• Responsibility for production equipment performance in terms of quality and cycle time.

• Liaises with Cell Leader and planning team to communicate failures/deliveries to plan.

If you meet the requirements of the position and this is of interest, we will welcome your application. You will be notified if you are unsuccessful. Thank you
Role: Senior Setter
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Winsford, Cheshire,

Apply for this job now.
APPLY NOW