Import Clerk - Wirral
Salary - £26,000 - £31,000
I'm currently recruiting for an experienced professional who has a background within shipping/ logistics with a good understanding of Customs Clearance. You'll being joining a reputable business with a well-established team who are leaders in their industry.
Applicants MUST have experience and an understanding of Customs Clearance and general Imports of goods.
- Knowledge of Customs regimes, customs warehousing, CFSP, AEO, TSF
- Knowledge of Customs legislation, international trade compliance
- Classifying goods
- Valuation and duty reliefs, preferences
- Experience of using Data Freight is an advantage
- A positive attitude with an approachable professional nature
- Excellent time and task management with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications;
- Entering cargo to Customs using software (Datafreight) which is linked to HMRCs CHIEF system;
- Liaising with third parties to move goods in accordance with customer requirements;
- Arranging payment of freight and other charges;
- Producing sales invoices and processing purchase invoices;
- Utilising e-commerce, internet technology and satellite systems to enable real-time tracking of goods;
- Working closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure smooth operations to deadlines;
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey, including the production of management reports and statistical and unit cost analysis;
- Research Customs rules and regulations to support team and customer enquires
- Assist with keeping Customs approvals up to date, liaising with Customs directly
- Assist with CFSP & AEO requirements
- Any other activities to meet the needs of the business.
If you would like to be considered for the role and have the relevant experience, please apply via the link.