***Job location is in Milwaukee, WI***
This Full-Time Position Low Voltage Installation Technician performs tasks for the installation of audiovisual equipment. This position is responsible for completing technical installation and management of audiovisual systems, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, implementation of control system and video conferencing systems.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpret drawings and perform equipment installation, testing, and troubleshooting for AV projects at commercial client sites.
- Pull wire, providing structural mounting of equipment, including projectors, displays, microphones, and speakers.
- Place equipment racks and control panels
- Troubleshoot systems, equipment, and wire fails.
- Track and enter information such as serial numbers, IP addresses and location of equipment
- Keep client sites appropriately clean
- Clean and stock installation vans and job boxes
- Inspect and wear personal safety equipment and follow job site safety and general rules
- Compile daily report of work completed
- Protect equipment, materials and tools on job site and store them properly
- May have to take after hours phone calls related to projects
- Attend job meetings when requested
- Travel when necessary, including overnight and occasional evening and weekend work.
Knowledge and Skills
- Audiovisual installation experience on jobs like performance venues, houses of worship corporate conference rooms, video walls, sporting field houses, and athletic fields.
- Experience with audiovisual cables, switchers, routers, and connectors preferred
- Soldering, CAT5/6 terminations
- Basic mechanical, carpentry or construction skills such as measuring, leveling, drilling, screwing, making physical connections and labeling wire utilizing related tools.
- Possess basic knowledge of Windows/MS Office
- Experience reading and interpreting schematics and blueprints
- Drive company vehicle: required maintenance of valid drivers license and clean driver record
- Understand and speak English
- Have clear communication and exchange of ideas and information
- Use time efficiently and remain productive when working independently
- Project a professional appearance
Professional Audio Designs, Inc is based in Milwaukee and has been designing and installing complex AV systems internationally for government, education, corporate, and performance venues since 1985. We are known for designing and installing systems for our clients with mission-critical redundancy.
Unlike most AV companies, Professional Audio Designs has both an established consulting and an installation service. Our designs are informed by our installation experience and our consulting experience informs our installation process. This combined knowledge provides our clients with a high level of coordination and installation management and ensures the successful completion of projects.
The Professional Audio Designs team is also comprised of a diverse personnel with a breadth of experience that includes audio engineers, educators, integrators, designers, programmers, event coordinators, and musicians. Working as a team, each member brings their unique perspective to a project, identifying and solving potential complications, reducing costs and change orders.
Role: Low Voltage Technician
Apply for this job now.