// Architectural Account Manager Description
Job Title: Architectural Account Manager
Reports To: Lead Architect
As an extension of the PlainJoe team, the Architectural Account Manager’s primary role is to build, strengthen, and grow client relationships while helping to guide them through a project. They are the “glue” that binds PlainJoe to the client. They have a deep understanding of the client’s business, industry, customers, and/or pain points, and offer insights to the PJS team on how best to serve our client’s needs. They are the voice of the client within PJS.
Architectural Account Managers create order for the client. They offer reliable leadership, thoughtful creativity, and a consistency that breeds trust. They are responsible for helping guide clients through the overall architectural process.
// Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Serves as the primary client contact and connect them to the experts in the Studio when needed.
- Build relational equity with clients by getting to know them as humans.
- Act as the voice of the client to ensure PlainJoe teams understand your client’s priorities and values.
o Reviews all internally developed deliverables to evaluate if they are appropriate for the client’s needs.
- Ensure client happiness/satisfaction through regular meetings, reporting, and checkpoints.
- Initiate follow-up on production work inside of the Studio on behalf of the client.
- Communicate effectively with clients, team members, consultants, and contractors.
- Lead up presentation when needed. Should set clear agendas for client meetings, ensure that the correct Studio experts participate in the meeting, and have a strong understanding of their project in order to guide discussions.
- Able to guide the client through the value engineering process and connect them with Studio experts to find appropriate solutions to scope/schedule/budget adjustments.
- Position requires frequent travel throughout the US.
· Guides and assists the client in the selection process and contract review for engineers, design subconsultants and general contractors that will sign with the client directly.
· Coordinate and own the creation of programming documentation during the concept phase of a project.
// Personal Qualities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate these qualities:
- Acquires Information - Consults the appropriate resources to obtain information. Asks the right questions and knows who to go to for information.
- Adapts to Change - Accepts and adapts to change in a professionally appropriate and thoughtful manner. Plays the role of devil’s advocate yet knows when and how to stand down graciously and accept a well-thought out decision. Embraces change.
- Creativity - Uses creativity appropriately to drive progress and encourages others to do the same; makes innovation a priority among team members; encourages reasonable risk taking.
- Critical Thinking - Able to assess a problem or situation using effective logic. Able to approach problems from different perspectives.
- Initiative - Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked. Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Manages Time - Accurately estimates the time required to complete actions and activities; adheres to schedules and timetables; sensitive to the use of other people's time.
- Pursues Self-Development - Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her career; seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her performance; takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities.
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
// Experience and Professional Qualifications:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following qualifications:
- Educational Experience:
- Job Experience:
o Minimum of 5 years of experience at architecture firm.
o Construction Administration experience highly preferred.
We’re not a full-service agency; rather we’re down-to-earth specialists, artists, architects, strategists and problem solvers that know how to design brand identities, interactive experiences, architecture and physical spaces that connects story, creates value, and captivates audiences.
Role: Architectural Account Manager Description
Apply for this job now.