Possibility of conversion for the right candidate; must be currently eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Senior DevOps Engineer:
- Build and maintain a Jenkins CI/CD pipeline using Cloud Formation Templates, Docker, containerization, and Python to support the teams AWS multi-region/multi-AZ deployed production systems
- Enhancing platform services via Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, MicroServices etc.
- Apply sound software design skills (SOLID/DRY principles) to our infrastructure code so that multiple systems can share the same CI/CD pipeline
- Introduce new ideas and technologies so that we can stay on the cutting edge
- Assist with production support issues when they arise
- Clearly communicate technical information to both developers and business stakeholders
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Providing on-call support and possibly some after-hours work as needed.
- Participating in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Representing production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Driving improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Identifying reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
- Coordinating approves, and/or performs changes to the production environment
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with Jenkins or Drone
- At least 1 year of experience writing Python, Groovy, or Ruby
- At least 1 year of experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Salt
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS
- 1+ year of experience with enterprise Linux systems administration
- 1+ year of experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- 1+ year of experience with Artifactory or Nexus
- 1+ year of experience with Docker
- 1+ year of experience with Nginx
- 1+ year of experience with GitHub
Astyra Corporation is a staffing and consulting company that is locally owned and operated right here in the heart of RVA. Astyra offers a unique approach to solving the business challenges of its clients. After being in business for over 20 years, we have evolved and grown - smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure are our hallmark traits. We are locals with a national presence and need a like-minded; client focused professional who wants to make a difference every day.
Role: Senior DevOps Engineer (BHJOB1435_22410)
Apply for this job now.