An award winning Disaster Restoration Company is looking to hire a forward-thinking Estimator/Project Manager in the Twin Cities Minnesota area that is experienced in writing and running residential disaster restoration projects of all sizes. If you are looking to be a part of a cutting-edge company that invests in their staff's success, then we are the home for you. We run a real time, technology-centered operation that allows Estimators/Project Mangers to manage their jobs in the field. Be a part of the Twin Cities, Minnesota winning team that exceeds client expectations.
You MUST have prior success closing, estimating, and project managing residential construction projects from start to finish that were a result from a disaster. And a dedication to delivering extremely high levels of satisfaction for all involved parties.
You MUST be an outstanding communicator both verbally and when using technology. Must be able to juggle the needs of a variety of stakeholders such as property owners, insurance adjusters, sub-contractors, in-house administrative and production departments, and other peripheral players. You also understand that documentation is key to getting credit for a job well done.
You have an innate understanding of how to keep a job from "going bad." You don't make excuses, pass the buck, or hope things will work out. You make sure they do. You leave everyone feeling satisfied in you and the company when the job is complete.
You understand that securing the job is one of your most important tasks, but so is keeping the client happy through a difficult construction project they weren't planning on going through. People say you have a great personality, and your rapport building skills are the first thing people notice about you. But even though people like you, you aren't afraid ofbeing respectfully assertive and don't easily get taken advantage of.
Other skills you possess include:
- You can write, and support, a detailed Scope of Work written with Xactimate for repair and reconstruction of residential and commercial projects affected by disaster.
- You can produce estimates that will require insurance and third-party approval while maintaining the required profit margins.
- You have the ability to negotiate, settle and finalize estimates with the appropriate parties as needed.
- You can manage financial aspects of the project including budgeting, purchasing and collections.
- You can be responsible for producing work orders for sub-contractors and in-house crews as well as managing these crews.
- You are responsible for processing all invoices to be submitted to the Accounting office.
- You are comfortable with daily reporting and inputting project progress information into project management software.
This is a fast paced and demanding position with great earning potential. As such, you need to:
- Be skilled using Xactimate, Word and Excel and be comfortable with technology.
- Must have the ability to estimate all types of structures that have experienced some form of disaster using Xactimate software.
- Be available for occasional 24 hour emergency work.
- Must live within 40 minutes of our Twin Cities Minnesota corporate location.
- Be able to handle stress and be flexible in a fast-paced work environment.
- Be able to exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Be able to prioritize multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete projects,and be detail oriented.
- Have 3 years full-charge residential construction experience.
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent, clean driving and criminal records
- Construction Degree a plus.
Please send resume with past salary history, reference contact information, and desired salary.
Role: Restoration Estimator/Project Manager-Full Charge Construction
Apply for this job now.