This AP Specialist will have exposure into all functions within the department as a Utility type player, focused on AP and Treasury. A priority is excellent Accounts Payable and general accounting experience. Industry preference: Banking, Commercial real estate, Property management or related field.
This full-time position is in a 5-person accounting office. The office is a very collaborative and fast paced environment, so a proactive and team-oriented ethic is required.
Accounts Payable Processing:
• Verify approval on all invoices and payments through Avid Xchange Software
• Accurately review and process employee reimbursements and check requests
• Prepare and process accounts payable checks, wire transfers and ACH Payments
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies
• Correspond with vendors and respond to any of their inquiries
• Process ACH and Checks for Investor distributions
• Process annual 1098 and 1099 reporting
• Assist with filing of City and State business tax registrations
• Review, code and record third-party, inter-company and credit card invoices
• Prepare and process checks for all company entities
• Conduct Credit Card Reconciliation for Corporate accounts and Home Depot accounts
• Perform Bank Reconciliation support
• Setup new Employees in ADP program
• Monitor PTO for all employees
• Process Bi-weekly Payroll for staff
• Process health insurance renewal for company
• Post journal entries for Salary and Legal bill allocations to various entities
• Coordinate with banking relationships to open and close bank accounts
• Process $5,000 - $50,000,000 wires for Property Acquisitions, Loan Originations, Line of Credit Paydowns, etc.
• Prepare proper backup for all wire and ACH transactions
• Verify all cash transactions and troubleshoot any discrepancies
• Monitor bank fees and funds in all bank accounts
• Book Bank Account transaction Journal Entries for wires, deposits, loan payoffs and funding’s, and internal transfers.
• Reconcile intercompany accounts.
• Archive Monthly Bank Statements for all entities.
• Special projects, as assigned.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Resourceful and has effective communication skills.
• Information management skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• 3-5 years of relevant accounting and accounts payable experience required.
• Avid Xchange, Timberline experience is preferred.
• Proficiency in data entry and data management.
• Ability to multitask, work independently, and handle multiple projects; detail oriented and meticulous; must function well under pressure.
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite - especially Excel and e-mail. Avid Xchange, Sage, Property Boss and/or Rent Manager experience is helpful.
• Proficiency in Timberline, Avid or compatible ERP systems.
• Word, Excel and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills
• Strong overall experience with related account systems.
• Honest, committed work ethic.
• Strong time management, flexible, result oriented.
• Extremely detail oriented and deadline driven
• Personable, professional. Able to respond to questions effectively.
Our company is a privately-owned real estate investment, development, and finance company. The Company has a solid track record of creating value through innovative real estate strategies.
Role: Accountant-Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: West Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.