We are interviewing for full-time Air Quality Consultant/Project Manager for our Houston, TX location. Candidates should have at least 5 years of total air quality consulting experience, with project management experience preferred.
Spirit's air quality team is growing, and we are looking to add a project manager to our collaborative and forward-thinking office culture! Spirit prides itself with hiring highly qualified professionals with exceptional technical skills and problem-solving abilities. Experience with air quality permitting and/or compliance for the chemicals and refining industries is preferred.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a variety of air quality projects, including but not limited to the following:
- New source review (“NSR”), non-attainment NSR and Prevention of Significant Deterioration (“PSD”) permitting;
- Title V permitting;
- Regulatory air dispersion modeling using United States Environmental Protection Agency (“US EPA”) recommended models (e.g., AERMOD);
- Emission calculations and emissions inventory development;
- Best available control technology (“BACT”) assessments; and
- Regulatory applicability analyses, to include state, local, and federal regulations.
Additional responsibilities for this role include:
- Management of a team of consultants administratively as well as project work;
- Quality control of personal work as well as projects being managed;
- Effectively communicate with both external and internal customers;
- Develop and maintain trusting professional relationships with clients; and
- Promote Spirit externally to clients.
Spirit is a dynamic and entrepreneurial consulting firm. We are looking for new team members who have demonstrated technical excellence along with exceptional problem-solving abilities, communication and interpersonal skills. Essential skills for this position include the following:
- Advanced understanding of relevant regulations related to your tasks, projects, and client operations;
- Depth of technical competencies necessary to solve problems and scope new jobs accurately and completely;
- Breadth of technical competencies necessary to work with multiple industries and/or multiple clients within a large industry;
- Ability to mentor and train team members;
- Analytical ability and problem solving;
- Effective time management;
- Effective written and verbal communication;
- Social skills and professionalism necessary to establish and maintain long-term working relationships with clients and co-workers;
- Fundamental math and science competencies (e.g. unit conversions, use of formulas, data evaluation);
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (e.g. Word/Excel/Outlook/SharePoint) and time/expense tracking software; and
- Understanding of software and tools applicable to your project (e.g. AERMOD, ArcGIS, TRI-ME).
- B.S. or above from an accredited college or university in an engineering or a related scientific discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience; project management experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with US EPA and state environmental regulations and understanding of the air permitting process.
- Understanding of engineering concepts such as chemical processes and emissions control technologies.
- A high level of professional ethics
- This role may require field work that can include climbing staircases, walking or working on uneven surfaces, and the ability to lift light loads.
- Less than 25% travel
Spirit offers competitive salaries and outstanding full-time employee benefits. Noteworthy benefits include opportunities for quarterly bonuses; automatic company contributions to employee 401(k) accounts; and 100% payment of all employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums, as well as 50% payment of dependent premiums. Our PTO policy is outstanding, and we provide all of our employees with the opportunity to participate in our cellphone plan, Wellness Program, Humanitarian Program and much more. If this opportunity excites you, and our core values resonate with you, then take the leap forward and apply!
Spirit Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spirit does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.