We are currently looking for experienced qualified social worker to join a childrens safeguarding team within a local authority based in Birmingham.
As a qualified social worker, you will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and families. This will include managing a complex and diverse caseload. You must have excellent written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver reports to conferences and court hearings. You will need substantial knowledge of childcare legislation and experience of conducting assessments as well as presenting care plans to conferences and reviews. You must be passionate about working with families to achieve the best outcome and will be a competent and proactive team player to support the smooth running and working of the service.
- 2 years post qualifying experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience of safeguarding and care proceedings essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate assessment tools and research.
- Experience of child Protection, Care planning and Court work.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
- Qualified Social worker - Degree in social work
Why Medicare First?
- Free DBS and fast compliance service
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Regular meetings/ visits with your consultant
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
Based in Birmingham
Pay rate: £29.93 - £32.34 PH Umbrella
Monday - Friday = 37 hours per week
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply today, alternatively for more information please call me on: 0121 688 82 20 or 07710502370, I cant wait to hear from you!
If this job isn't for you, but you know someone who maybe interested, refer your friend and if successful we can offer you a "Refer a friend bonus" of £250.
Role: Senior Social Worker - Safeguarding Team
Apply for this job now.