SEN Teaching Assistant
Have you experience of supporting young people with Autism?
Have you got a care background and want to switch to Education? Or perhaps you already work in a school and would like a new challenge?
I am working with a special needs school in Blandford Forum who is seeking Teaching Assistants to join their school. The school caters for children and young people between the ages 7- 19 who all have an EHCP for Autism. The school has a host of facilties on offer and uses a theraputic approach to support the varying needs of the students.
The ideal candidate will have some experience working with young people with special needs but this could be from a variety of settings such as care, youth work, or education. That said if you dont have experience but can demonstrate a passoin for working in this area please also send in your details.
- You will need to be able to build positve relationships with young people
- Be willing to get 'stuck' in, and go the extra mile
- Listen to what support the teacher needs and adapt accordingly
- Remain calm and understanding if a student is displaying challening behaviour
- Have a caring/nurturing nature
- Good sense of humour
- Be able to drive and access to a car
The is a temp to perm role, so after a sucessful 12 weeks working through Supply Desk you will transfer onto a direct contract with the school.
Why Supply Desk?
- Competitve rates of pay and a salary of £14,719 when on contract
- Free CPD such as Autism Awareness and behaviour management
- A dedicated Supply Desk member of staff to support you through the registration and interview process
Please send your cv to #removed# or give me a call on #removed# or #removed# to have a further chat.