Company: INTERIM HEALTHCARE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Are you a CNA in Spokane, Washington? Are you a caregiver who is dedicated to having a positive impact on the lives of seniors? You may be the one we're looking for! Interim HealthCare is a leading healthcare staffing agency. Join our team today!
We're currently hiring NAC / Certified Nursing Assistants to work in and around Spokane. On weekdays and weekends, we are currently looking to fill day shift openings.
In inpatient facilities such as hospitals, skilled nursing, extended care, assisted living, and other types of care, the NAC is responsible for personal care and incidental activities of daily living for clients/patients of all ages. The NAC provides care and assigned duties as directed by the nursing plan of care and/or supervisor, as allowed by facility policies and procedures and state laws and regulations.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Accident, Injury, & Wellness Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee of the Quarter and Year Bonus Program
- Accident, Injury, & Wellness Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- National Contests
- Supplemental Benefits Available
- Verizon Wireless Discounts
- Weekly Pay with Daily Pay Available
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent and successful completion of Nursing Assistant course and Nurse Assistant/or a Certified Home Care Aide program and certification as required by state in which employed.
- One (1) year experience in a comparable job classification and/or as required by contracted facility.
- Pass criminal and abuse background checks, when required by the State(s) in which employed.
- Able to communicate with all levels of clinical and non-clinical individuals.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions; use vision and hearing to observe the patient.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and fine motor function necessary to assist in the operation of patient care equipment.
- Evidence of current CPR/BLS/First Aide training for infants, children and adults.
- Able to provide proof of a valid driver’s license, if applicable.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care, as appropriate.
- Must have a current Food Handlers Card
- Must have a DSHS Mental Health preferred
- Must have a DSHS Specialty Dementia preferred
- Provides for patient’s personal hygiene, grooming, and comfort needs, i.e., toileting and elimination, baths, backrubs, shampoos, shaves, bed baths, tub baths or showers, skin and nail care, and oral hygiene.
- Promotes a safe environment during care.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and use of personal protective equipment.
- Observes and reports the condition of patient/client to the appropriate supervisor.
- Works in a team environment to effectively deliver the care and assistance to patients and staff.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and range of motion exercises.
- Performs patient-related procedures such as but not limited to: measuring and documenting intake and output; blood glucose monitoring; urine specimen collections; measurements of vital signs; and weight.
- Administers non-medicated enemas, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths.
- Safely applies and monitors the safe use of physical restraints as directed.
- Transports patients and equipment within the facility as necessary.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in clinics, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, patient homes or occupational settings.
- Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment (e.g. face masks, goggles, latex and or non-latex gloves).
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing.
- Ability to stretch, bend, stoop, twist, stand, sit, walk, reach and climb stairs.
- Medium physical activity that may require constant lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.