This position is located in Cypress, California. This is not a remote position.
The Student Account Specialist will provide outstanding support to our students and staff in a variety of student account functions regarding processing payments, assisting with tuition fees and financial aid adjustments, cash/credit card payments, financial aid, Military Tuition Assistance and Veteran’s Benefits. The Student Account Specialist will also be responsible for collections on overdue accounts, disputes and general inquiries. This position will communicate the Student Accounts Office Policies and Procedures effectively with new and current students as well as other departments within the university.
- Communicates payment information, university policy and all other student account information to students by phone or email.
- Prepares and processes payment information for various pay types including credit card, check, ACH, and EFT. Prepare and process student tuition statements for student reimbursement.
- Daily data transfer of cash receipts from our student database system to University General Ledger.
- Prepares and processes student stipends for financial aid, drops/withdrawals and overpayments.
- Process financial aid loans and Pell grants to students’ accounts in student database and MAS 200.
- Daily email correspondence, letters, and phone calls to/from students regarding past due balances. Includes declined, disqualified and inactive Financial Aid students; cash, payment plans, Higher One, Employer Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance, and VA accounts.
- Communicates with Education Centers, employers, collection agencies, military staff, and students to collect payment of past due accounts. Requires thorough account research of invoice and payment transactions.
- Prepares weekly report of closed student files for outside collections, track and monitor progress.
- Daily audits of pending graduate accounts for Graduation approval.
- Daily audits of accounts for transcript approval, requested by students through the Registrar’s Office.
- Verifies and maintain balance reports of past due accounts in excel spreadsheets for assigned collection accounts.
- Assists students with general inquiries, by placing communications to the appropriate office.
- Creates and sets-up payment plans for students who have any unpaid balances.
- Provides excellent customer service to a diverse student population.
- Performs other duties as requested by Manager of the Business/Student Accounts Office and Director of Financial Operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of Accounts Receivable experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills for a diverse student population.
- Proficient in MAS 90/100 or similar.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize duties and carry them out in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to be proactive, resourceful, and self-motivated with proven leadership skills.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Possess a high sense of confidentiality.
- PC proficiency in MS Office.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- 4 years of Accounts Receivable experience.
- GL experience.
The duties of this position are performed in a multi-story office building with elevator access. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit at desk and work on a computer for extended periods of time. He/she will work a standard business workweek in a multi-story office building with elevator access. Will work a standard work week but will often involve overtime on weekdays or weekends
Role: Student Account Specialist
Apply for this job now.