Responsible for building Mexcor business with the trade, developing distributor relationships within the specified marketplace and providing leadership to the Field Sales Personnel (Distributor Reps) in the region to deliver on company's sales objectives and goals.
· Sales Planning and Process, Business Strategy.
· Develop and achieve region sales performance targets.
· Ensure sales processes are fully implemented and practiced by all brokers, distributors, reps.
· Develop annual Collaborative Business Plans, Periodic Tactical Business Plans, and appropriately partner with Field Sales Managers on the management of Collaborative Business Plans.
· Monitor YTD progress vs. plan and monitor performance against plan.
· Conduct weekly progress checks of distributor performance.
· Set expectations with key distributor personnel on distribution, shipments, promotions and other sales activities.
· Develop pricing strategies through review of (CPRs) competitive pricing reports.
· Responsible for communicating Mexcor brand strategy, standards and prioritization to Distributor Sales Team; including appropriate focus on spirits, wine, off premise & on premise.
· Negotiate, design and execute regional promotional plan – follow National Plans 1st - Share market success with peers.
· Effective communication with Mexcor departments including import, accounting, compliance, marketing and warehousing.
· Manage product launches: pricing, inventory, execution strategy, tracking, and measurement.
· Ensure Mexcor “CORE” standards and guidelines are followed – FOB, Programs, Margins, Expenses, Reporting, Confidentiality, A/R, Logistics, Orders. (ADOPT AND ADAPT TO THE MEXCOR CULTURE)
In Market Activities and Relationship Development
· Participate and advise in business development matters, including sales calls, market blitzes and provide in-market Leadership to Distributor sales teams.
· Work directly with key on and off premise customers and maintain direct contact with key accounts within region.
· Foster and leverage strong personal relationships with all levels of distributor and account management including ownership, General Sales Manager, District Managers, Key REPS.
· Partner with and provide strategic recommendations to Promotions, Brand Marketing, and Trade Marketing teams.
· Participate in Company project teams as necessary. (Crown Club, Private Label, Total Wine)
Financial Administrations and Analysis
· Deliver annual sales plan and manage the budget (Data Collection starts November, Due December 20th).
· Provide market intelligence to National Sales Manager (NSM) to perform break-even analysis on programming or general sales that are structured without programs and lower FOB’s.
· Review and approve POS that is developed by request via Marketing Department.
· Provide input to Import Director, forecasting, volume spike announcement, OND values and product allocation requests.
· Review and approve pricing requests. FOB deviations require discussion with NSM.
· Review/manage distributor spending/banks and A/R reconciliation, in compliance to specific contractual agreements and company guidelines.
· Review and approve Special Incentive Purchasing requests. Purchase Allowances require discussion with NSM.
· Communicate competitive market changes and trends to appropriate Mexcor personnel.
People Management and Development
· Coach, develop and encourage performance of Distributor Reps, Brand Ambassadors, Tasting Reps.
· Network and identify outside talent for potential opportunities within Mexcor.
· Participate in National Sales Meeting and other training initiatives, including leadership training, sales training, product education, systems training, etc
Job Requirements :
· Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent work experience.
· 7-10 years of sales, marketing experience or general management experience.
· Spirits industry experience required.
· Ability to influence and persuade others in order to create incremental sales & manage business effectively.
· Proven track record in achieving sales goals and executing marketing programs that support corporate initiatives.
· Strong analytical and analysis skills required.
· Effective understanding of budgeting, sales and management.
· Budget development, implementation, management and strategic decision making experience.
· Demonstrated ability in customer management within specific territory.
· Keen understanding of the three-tier distribution system. (or 4 where applicable)
· Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others to sell effectively.
· Strong computer skills necessary – at minimum word, excel, powerpoint, research, email.
· Basic understanding of all procedures, policies, laws and regulations related to “Control States”
· Valid driver's license with the ability to be insured by MAJOR Auto Agencies. FULL COVERAGE and proof required!
· Ability to lift up to 45lbs regularly.
· Ability to travel regularly and stay overnight on a weekly basis.
· Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
· Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral and color vision.
· Mexcor requires an impeccable image. Regional Sales Managers are expected to practice proper dress code, adhere to above-standard hygiene and display professionalism in speech, character, actions and appearance at all times.
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
Mexcor International Wines and Spirits a wholly owned family corporation establish in 1989. We are a direct source of excellent products from around the world.
Drug and background test required
Role: Liquor Distributor Sales Manager Experienced
Location: Southern California,
Apply for this job now.