Senior Software Engineer (Java, polyglot)
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Java, polyglot) to join an innovative leader in payroll services in building next-generation features to the industry-standard software platform and management system. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, full-stack developer -- defining, building, and delivering new application features, while working closely the rest of the development team, product management, DevOps, and QA teams. Your work will be instrumental to the business and disruptive to the industry.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer capable of delivering high quality, scalable, secure solutions that delight our customers. Responsibilities include analyzing, designing, building, and integrating features. The ideal candidate will have technical expertise and creativity, a strong sense of ownership, great communication skills and a passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Design, document, develop, and deploy new features to our core software products.
- Integrate with internal and external systems and create externally facing client APIs
- Work in a Scrum/Agile environment to release on a regular cadence while ensuring high velocity. Participate in refinement and estimation of stories.
- Generate automated unit/integration tests, CI/CD artifacts and monitoring infrastructure as part of deliverables.
- Continuously look for opportunities for improvement in practices, coding standards, SDLC and business solutions in a variety of areas.
- Identify, document and drive standards in the API/services area.
- Mentor and train other developers.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master s Degree a plus.
- 7+ years of full-stack software development experience with at least 2 years developing and deploying services and APIs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Full-stack expertise including relational databases, search server, middle-tier, and front-end UI components
- Expert knowledge of Java 8 and experience with core Java components and frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate, and GWT
- Strong understanding of OO fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid background with relational databases (MySQL / Postgres) and SQL DML/DDL, and with ORM tools (Hibernate)
- Experience with Python / Jython, Go, bash
- Familiarity with development under MacOS/OSX and Linux, including scripting and tools
- Hands-on experience with Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Experience with queueing (RabbitMQ, etc.) including point-to-point and publish/subscribe
- Familiarity with deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS
- Familiarity with AWS components including S3 and EC2
- Hands-on experience with security standards such as OAuth2, JWT and Spring Security.
- Ability to design systems with support for scaling, HA, and DR
- Thorough understanding of REST API design and consumption
- Ability to absorb, understand and communicate written and verbal information and ideas, and to deliver in a concise manner that is easily understood by others.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Desired: Experience with Java build and testing frameworks, such as Jenkins, Ant, Maven/Gradle, and JUnit.
- Experience with other languages a plus
- provided by Dice