540 is looking for a Senior DevSecOps Engineer with a SECRET clearance to help leadership in the Pentagon build and maintain DoD business applications within an API-first architecture. #buildFast #collaborate #innovate… We are looking for a startup-minded individual to join the Ops team and secure/maintain our prod and non-prod infrastructure (mix of cloud and onPrem), and work with the development team to build, deploy, and monitor all applications. You will be part of a high performing team focused on security and reliability. This position can be done remotely, and open to full-time or contract.
On this project, you will be supporting the security and operations of an API-centric data platform that collects data via reporting requirements and policy for Pentagon leadership and Congress. Other than the facilitation of reporting workflows and data security and access, our client wants to design and implement a system that unlocks all collected data for analysis through a variety of micro web apps (powered by reusable APIs) that can be built quickly and maintained/deployed easily. There should also be the ability for discovery and orchestration with other relevant data sources to provide more value to the analyst community.
540 is a forward-thinking company that the government turns to in order to #GetShitDone. We do more than talk about it, we break down barriers to innovation and build impactful tech. We're looking for someone with big ideas, who thrives on innovation and is a self-starter. If you love to learn about and work with new technologies, we want to talk to you.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of relevant DevSecOps experience including 2 years of team leadership experience
- 3+ years experience administering linux systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS)
- 3+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, S3, EBS, RDS, Lambda, etc.)
- 2+ years experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform preferred)
- 2+ years experience with configuration management (Ansible preferred)
- Proficiency in scripting using Bash, Ruby, or Python
- Firm understanding of networking concepts
- Experience with Git and the Gitflow development workflow
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You will be working with many people with all different backgrounds and personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and on a small team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Must have an AWS Solutions Architect or AWS Developer certification
- Must have a DoD Security Clearance (SECRET or higher)
- #GetShitDone mentality
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Slack and OpenVPN
- Experience operating Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Crowd)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and Artifactory
- Experience with Icinga, Grafana, and Splunk
- Experience with haproxy, Apache httpd, and Apache Tomcat
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Memcached, Redis, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch
- Experience with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Public Key Enabling (PKE)
- Experience with securing sensitive data (including security marking standards such as DoD Banner Lines or ISM)
- Experience deploying applications in DoD or other accredited federal environments that require IA certification and accreditation to deploy.
- Experience with an API Gateway (such as Apigee, etc)
- Experience working with the government, specifically with the Department of Defense
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
540's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.