SEN Support Worker - Manchester
Do you want to support 16-18 students with additional special education needs requirements in education?
We are looking for a number of full time SEN Support workers who are able to support EHCP students at a client college in Manchester.
With over 5000 students this years cohort of new pupils entering the college has an especially high level of EHCP students. As a result of this the college are looking to recruit a number of specialist SEN Support Workers to help provide the best level of care for the new cohort of students.
Your role will be to engage with the students allowing them to feel less isolated and supported, check in on their wellbeing, build a relationship and support their academic achievement. The students you'll be supporting may range from having MLD, ASC or SEMH all the way to PD, VI or Down syndrome, there's roles for both specific specialisms as well as general SEN roles. You will be supporting and relaying information from the main class teacher specifically in the colleges brand new SEN provision located just by Victoria station, Manchester.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience supporting students or family members with SEN requirements
- Good communication skills
- SEN Teaching Assistant, support or care work are all beneficial but not essential
- Work in a brand new state of the art SEN provision with excellent public transport links and on-site parking
- Full time position starting September 2021
- Earn £1350 per month (flexible depending on experience)
- Work for one of the largest colleges in the UK, with excellent CPD and support provided
Any successful applicant would be subject to DBS and Right to work UK checks so relevant documents will be requested.
If this role seems of interest and you have relevant experience/qualifications, please click the link below or send your CV to the relevant details.