Location: Chelsea MI
Set up, operate and tend CNC mills to apply processes to plastic parts.
Activities and Tasks:
- Set up and operate 3-axis machines, including performing tool changes, setting tool and work offsets
- Perform setups that are a low to medium level of complexity
- Adjust machine controls and change tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances
- Load correct program to the machine from the S:/ drive
- Move controls to set cutting speeds and depths, feed rates, and to position tools in relation to work-pieces
- Select and properly load the correct fixtures for the job (proper tools, holders, clearances as needed)
- Set proper holding pressure on vises and collets
- Perform in-process inspection of parts to verify conformance with specifications, using instruments such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Train and mentor operators
- Sign off and verify CMM scans
- Verify previous operation documentation is correct
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned by leads or management
Skills, Knowledge and Background Required:
- Minimum of two years’ experience operating CNC mills
- Trained to CNC Setup Personnel work procedures
- Understanding of and ability to set tool and work offsets
- Familiarity with setup procedures (setup sheets, check sheets and control plans)
- Ability to make operational adjustments, including tool and fixture changes
- Understand where to find tooling, fixtures and quality gaging
- Ability to apply strong math skills to the machine
- Understand how to determine tooling requirements before starting the set up
- Ability to properly use edge finder and indicator (finding part zero by finding edge or indicating for location)
- Demonstrated measuring skills using the following equipment: optical comparator, manual CMM, bench comparator, MICS, calipers and gauge pins
- Understanding of machining terms and knowledge
- Ability to train operators
- Ability to read blueprints, including GD&T (ex: theoretical, tolerance zones, radius)
- Familiarity with Cartesian coordinates, with help from a level III
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Close or highly concentrated visual work
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader in design and manufacturing for the orthopedic and medical device markets, including joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, sports medicine, extremities and dental. The company is able to do this by compressing time to market, providing new technologies and being the best total supply-chain value. Orchid provides expertise in design and development, quality and regulatory support, implant manufacture, advanced machining, plastics technology, instrument manufacturing, implant coatings, surface treatments, and packaging services. With 14 world-class facilities located around the globe, Orchid continues to provide others an opportunity to live a better life through the products, services and the way the company conducts business. Orchid employs approximately 2,000 people in six countries - US, UK, Switzerland, Ireland, China and India.
Additional information on the company can be found at #removed#-ortho.com.
Role: CNC SETUP/OPERATOR
Apply for this job now.