Join us at Fedcap for an exciting career with Corporate Services in New York City!
Fedcap Rehabilitation Services, Inc. (Fedcap) is a for-impact 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization. Fedcap's mission is to create opportunities for people with barriers to move toward economic self-sufficiency as valued and contributing members of society. We have established more than 65 offices in 13 states, including NY, NJ, NC, CA, DE, FL, LA, MA, ME, NH, RI, VA, and WI. As a $270 million organization with over 180 contracts valued at $185 million, Fedcap employs 3,600+ staff and impacts more than 180,000 lives each year through our four practice areas-Education, Occupational Health, Economic Development, and Workforce Development. See more about our work in 2017 by clicking HEREOpens a New Window.
Fedcap offers Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits as well as a generous employee 403(b) match.
Main Purpose of the Position
Reports to the Director of Benefits (Director) and supports the coordination and performance of activities comprising Fedcap corporate benefits offerings, including all subsidiaries. She/he will provide expertise and tactical leadership to benefit plan administration, the transition to self-funding the health plan, and adherence to benefits program policies and procedures. This position will manage the benefits staff, under the direction of the Director. She/he will ensure that Fedcap benefits are operationally efficient and compliant with all regulatory and contractual requirements. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in benefits administration in a self-funded environment, and the ability to work collaboratively with team members across locations and all levels of staff. The individual will be the subject matter expert in day-to-day benefits operations.
- Continuously research and analyze options for plan design, financing and administration of benefits, based on current costs and employee requirements under the direction of the Director This position will manage staff with respect to benefits initiatives and daily operations, including combination integrations, plan renewals and changes, open enrollment and self-funding administration.
- Manage and carry out as needed all operations of benefits administration for all Health and Welfare benefit plans, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Retiree Life, EAP, FSA, COBRA, Health Advocate, and Wellness Programs and such other offerings as may be implemented.
- Be the primary point of contact with Fedcap's eligibility and enrollment vendor, and coordinate data flow, invoicing and other information exchanges. Coordinate activities associated with any insourcing of eligibility and enrollment administration.
- Be the point person for Fedcap's self-funding operation, as among Fedcap's Human Resources and Finance departments, its benefits consultants and actuary, and its eligibility and enrollment vendor. Ensure adequacy of and compliance with procedures to ensure financial controls and claims oversight. The position is responsible for preparing budget forecasts and coordinating renewal negotiations. Review medical trend and reserve assumptions and prepare projections under the supervision of the Director.
- Ensure all benefits and wellness programs comply with all applicable Federal, State, and local regulations (e.g. ADA, EPA, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA, Title VII, US Internal Revenue code, NYC Humanitarian Law etc.) and all applicable benefits laws.
- Ensure the agency's compliance with Health Care Reform, including employer responsibilities under the Affordable Care Act. This responsibility includes modeling and analysis to satisfy all mandates, including affordability testing, as well as carry out associate communications and achieve administrative and process efficiencies.
- Ensure all benefits plans comply with applicable nondiscrimination rules.
- Supervise maintenance of human resources records as they populate benefit plans. Supervise transmission of enrollment records for all benefit plans. Maintain benefit records by inventorying, developing and managing recordkeeping systems; This includes initiating new-hire benefits communications and enrollment onboarding process, and accurately and consistently defining a process that ensures all recorded changes.
- Responsible for comprehensive compliance and governance processes for all plans and oversees ongoing monitoring of these processes to ensure effective compliance with regulatory standards.
- Oversees benefit open enrollment process for the entire agency. Continuously seeks opportunities to enhance and/or streamline employee benefits enrollment and processes, tools and materials.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with and performance of the 403(b) retirement plan administrator.
- Manages preparation of annual compliance reporting and communications: Retirement Plan Annual -audit, Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs), and coordinates preparation of Summary Annual Reports (SARs) and Form 5500 with Finance Department.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a team player and comfortable with a fluid environment;
- Interact with all levels of staff in a sensitive, respectful and confidential manner
- Patient with and sensitive to individuals with disabilities;
- Demonstrated strong organizational, administrative, and communication skills (both oral and written);
- Detail-oriented, with strong work ethic;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Benefits systems implementation experience. Oracle and ADP reporting experience a plus;
- Strong multitasking skills able to work on several projects at the same time, work independently, meet deadlines, and manage multiple deliverables;
- Demonstrated experience administering self-funded health plans, as well as benefit carve-outs, population health, and value-based purchasing;
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related area.
Experience: Five (5) or more years of benefits administration and analysis experience with medical/prescriptions, dental, vision, life/accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability, and voluntary programs for active members in both non-union and union environments.
Certification: SHRM-CP or PHR with preference for SHRM-SCP or SPHR or CEBS
An equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Fedcap Rehabilitation Services is a New York based non profit, currently operating in 17 different states, that has been working for over 80 years to create opportunities for people with barriers to economic well-being.
Each year, Fedcap offers an array of services through its four practice areas Education, Workforce Development, Occupational Health, and Economic Development helping more than 100,000 individuals graduate from high school, obtain vocational certification or a college degree, become work ready, obtain meaningful employment and achieve economic well-being.
Role: Benefits Manager
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.