TRC has an immediate opportunity for an Industrial Engineer for a leading Distribution Center located in North Gwinnett County.
We are seeking entry-level candidates with an Industrial Engineering Degree that are willing to start on a contract basis.
We would ideally like to find someone with some internship or co-op experience with setting up SOP's, work instructions, time studies, process flows, etc.
Strong Excel skills are a must!
Our customer in the North East Atlanta area is currently looking for an Industrial Engineer to join their team on a long term contract basis.
This is a great way to get your foot in the door with a Fortune 500 company.
• Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine workflow
processes, staff requirements, and production standards
• Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum
efficiency, using drafting and computer applications.
• Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts,
and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities
• Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material and equipment
• Draft and document standard operating procedures for DC tasks and functions
• Conduct observations and time studies on warehouse floor to implement engineered standards
• No supervisory or budgetary responsibilities
• Keeps informed of technical changes and industry trends
• Communicate effectively in both written and oral form
• Ability to work with basic engineering and mathematical concepts and principles, applying them to practical situations
• Ability to use computers, systems, and software applications to enter data and process/maintain information in written and electronic form. Generate productivity and production reports using engineering standards
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Observe, receive and obtain information from all relevant sources, monitor and review information from materials, events or the environment, to detect or assess problems
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with non-exempt associates, operational supervisors, and upper level management.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and technical writing skills.
• The ability to think in terms of process flow and identify operational components and how downstream and upstream parties are affected
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• BS in Industrial Engineering or equivalent field, with 1-2 years of experience.
• Previous technical engineering assignments preferred
• Operations knowledge of distribution and related processes preferred
TRC Staffing Services is committed to providing the very best service our industry has to offer. We believe it all starts with people. We aim to hire the best people in the industry and provide an environment that promotes their growth. Our clients understand the power of a strong, dedicated staffing partner and have the ability to leverage this partnership to their advantage.
TRC providing traditional staffing services, professional and technical staffing and management services to some of the country's leading companies.
TRC Staffing Services, Inc. is a drug free environment. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.
Role: Entry Level Industrial Engineer
Apply for this job now.