Hedge Fund/Asset Manager Alternative Data Sales
Direct Sales Lead
Thasos Group is seeking a proven sales leader to drive all aspects of the direct sales cycle, including strategy development, lead generation, revenue, contract negotiation, client satisfaction, and people leadership. The successful candidate will quickly attain expert-level knowledge of mobile phone location data, our platform/technology, products, clients, and other sources of “alternative” data.
You will be a critical leader of the sales strategy and will collaborate with Product and Marketing teams to expand the reach of our current suite of products and define the longer-term product strategy.
You will manage a team of director-level salespeople. You will define, measure, and track performance metrics for your team, and regularly report on performance assessments and forecasts.
The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience selling data products or services in the financial services industry; direct relationships with hedge funds strongly preferred
- Strong track record of exceeding targets and scaling a business to maturity
- Self-starter who thrives in a rapidly changing, dynamic start-up environment
- Deep understanding of data products, which may include data feeds, APIs, and analytics platforms; you understand data products and can articulate value proposition in a way that establishes credibility
- Strong network of trust-based relationships with senior buy-side and financial services executives
- Strong people leadership, player/coach mentality
- Experience with selling alternative data a plus
- Undergraduate degree; MBA or other graduate degree highly preferred
Winner - “Best Alternative Data Provider, 2018” Inside Market Data
Winner - “Best Overall Buy-Side Product, 2017” Waters Technology
Thasos Group is an alternative data intelligence firm based in New York City. Founded in 2011, Thasos created their initial business model as part of the MIT Media Lab, a research lab at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, to aggregate anonymized geolocation data from mobile phones to support financial investing. By converting real-time mobile phone location data into actionable information, the company aims to significantly improve transparency into businesses, markets, and economies worldwide.
- Work alongside a distinguished team of entrepreneurs and PhD data scientists who are passionate about their work and encourage an open and collaborative sharing of ideas
- Company-sponsored lunch every Thursday
- Regular company outings (happy hours, hikes)
- Compensation includes Competitive Salary + Benefits + Equity
Positions are in Manhattan with an immediate start date.
Please send your resume in PDF format to #removed# to apply. Visit #removed# for more information.
Thasos is an alternative data intelligence firm founded at MIT in 2011 and headquartered in NYC. The Company transforms real-time locations from mobile phones across the globe into objective and actionable insights on the performance of businesses, markets, and economies.
With the largest repository of high quality mobile phone location data after Google and Apple, Thasos taps into the most powerful sources of real-time data available today for measuring and forecasting economic activity across all industries. Thasos uses the latest advances in machine intelligence, distributed computing, and privacy technology to turn billions of daily location events into highly accessible information that can be easily consumed, understood, and acted upon.
Role: Direct Sales Lead
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.