Job DescriptionSoFi Stadium
SoFi Stadium is an unprecedented and unparalleled sports and entertainment destination built in Inglewood, CA. The first indoor-outdoor stadium to be constructed, SoFi Stadium is the home of the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams. The state-of-the-art stadium re-imagines the fan experience and will host a variety of events year-round including Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028. Located on the site of the former Hollywood Park racetrack, the stadium is the centerpiece of a 298-acre mixed-use development featuring retail, commercial office space, a hotel, residential units, and outdoor park spaces.
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
Our PROMISE is to be an iconic destination that celebrates our diverse and spirited community. We promise to exceed expectations while cultivating a fun and safe experience where lasting memories are made.
Our COMMITMENTS are as follows:
SAFETY FIRST: we commit to safety as a top priority.
KEEP IT CLEAN: we commit to the highest standard of cleanliness.
ALL ARE WELCOME: we commit to valuing and celebrating the diversity of our community, our team, and all that we serve.
STRONGER TOGETHER: we commit to providing an environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect and recognizes the positive achievements of all.
THINK BIG: we commit to innovation, inspiration and imagination in the delivery of extraordinary experiences through every interaction.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager, that is entrepreneurial and self-motivated, to work alongside our VP of Finance and Accounting, and Controller to help us build and scale our real estate accounting operations. This role will have regular interaction with the executive leadership team. The ideal candidate will have outstanding financial acumen, a passion for sports, media entertainment, and experience with rapidly growing businesses.
The person should have a team player attitude and demonstrate a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines to help us scale, grow and build something great!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and implement financial processes for a portfolio of office, retail, and residential properties, including monthly close, consolidated reporting package, lender reporting, CAM reconciliations, and tax filings
- Record JEs (month-end closing entries, accruals, prepaids, etc.), review GLs to ensure accuracy, and prepare account reconciliations
- Prepare financial support for financial and tax audits
- Participate in a wide variety of projects and compile ad-hoc reports as needed
- Self-starter that identifies and executes improvements in our tools, reporting and processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with management; collaborative teamwork mentality
- Analytically strong, detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, commitment to high standards
- Entrepreneurial mindset - creative, proactive, and innovative in driving improvement
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Public Accounting experience preferred; "Big Four" and startup experience a plus
- Real estate accounting experience preferred
- Advanced Excel proficiency is required; experience building complex Excel models and utilizing advanced formulas, pivot tables, and queries
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains is preferred
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
- Take ownership of issues and problems, find and enact resolutions and recommend process changes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.