Looking for a new exciting career opportunity? Then imagine being part of a company lwith a rich history of environmental conservation, community involvement, and steady company growth. Imagine working for a leading manufacturer with advanced office automation equipment including digital copiers, thermal media label stocks, and toner products. Imagine growing with the global corporate network of 105,000 employees in approximately 200 countries, with $18 billion in annual sales. Company has an enviable corporate social responsibility performance record, business practices that produces cost effective quality products for its customers on a timely basis.
As a Product Development Engineer you will be given the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge and skills in a fast-paced, safety-conscious manufacturing environment. Apply your problem solving skills to continuously improve the efficiency of our operations, and help the Chemical Products Group achieve its goal of ensuring successful delivery of high-quality products.
In this vital role as a Product Development Engineer, your role will be to support research and development projects related to thermal media products (design, implementation, and improvement phases) and its applications in the label industry.
- Assist with the design elements of new and improved products by researching materials and processing methods and developing formulations to meet customer requirements and to support product improvement activities.
- Adapt products for introduction into North/Middle/South America markets.
- Prepare experimental designs and conduct laboratory-scale testing on assigned elements.
- Develop or modify production processes associated with product development and innovation.
- Define equipment requirements and specifications, and review production techniques or methods.
- Conduct production-scale and pre-mass production testing and compile and evaluate test data.
- Investigate and determine root cause issues and recommend countermeasures for production problems and/or customer complaints related to product formulation or production process design.
- Assist with product design in customer applications such as label construction, printing and converting products.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and present to management as required.
Qualified candidates will possess
- Bachelor's degree in industrial or chemical engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Industrial/Chemical Engineering research and skills required.
- Good understanding of engineering theory and principles of design.
- Performing design analysis and evaluating engineering solutions.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and detailed oriented skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems under pressure and within time constraints.
- Experience preparing and presenting project plans and progress reports for senior management.
- Experience working with R&D, Purchasing, QA, Sales and Production staff to meet project time-lines.
- Energetic, quick learner, innovative and eager to work in a team based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Power-Point required.
Role: Product Development Engineer
Apply for this job now.