Our company is a leader in integrating and implementing low voltage systems, including fire alarms, security, CCTV, access control, intercoms, computer networking, and A/V systems. We provide construction services throughout Southern California.
We are seeking a Fire Alarm Engineer for both our San Diego and Mira Loma locations. They will be responsible for maintaining a support structure for the sales team, customers, and local design communities. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and proficient in fire alarm systems and design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain fire alarm system documentation, including fire alarm system design, working drawings, diagrams, schematics, specs, RFIs, take-offs, pricing, and submittals.
- Assist architects and engineers with technical system design, spec writing, product demonstrations, and manufacturer support.
- Communicate with clients on project requirements.
- Stay updated on the local fire alarm industry, attend sponsored events, and introduce new codes, products, and standards.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and end users to determine scope of work.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant codes and standards.
- Review designs to ensure compliance and performance requirements are met.
- Provide project and design support for sales, project management, and installation.
- At least 1 year of experience in System Design.
- Previous experience with low voltage control systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Fire Protection Engineering, preferred.
- NICET Level II or above.
- Proficiency in CAD and Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in fire protection systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to pass and maintain a certificate for the current State of California Fire Life Safety and Low Voltage Systems requirements.
- Valid driver's license.
Powered by JazzHR