Father Bill’s & MainSpring is committed to ending and preventing homelessness in Southern Massachusetts with programs that provide emergency and permanent housing and help people obtain skills, jobs, housing, and services. We help people who are struggling with homelessness or are at risk of homelessness to achieve self-sufficiency.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is a growing and dynamic social service agency with particular expertise in emergency and permanent housing, job training and placement, and prevention services for individuals and families in need. Over the next five years, our strategic focus includes an increase in affordable, permanent supportive housing, a more efficient model of care for families experiencing homelessness, commitment to an enhanced delivery model to reduce the need for shelter, and improved community relations in order to achieve these goals. Our staff are thoughtful and caring individuals who share our passion for these ideals and creative approaches to helping people improve their lives.
We offer a generous benefits package and a comprehensive orientation and training program, as well as ample opportunities for advancement for qualified individuals who show a commitment to our Mission.
This position works as part of the Leased Housing department which operates as a ‘mini housing authority’ within FBMS, managing the administrative responsibilities of the housing portfolio. FBMS provides housing and support services to formerly homeless individuals and families. This position requires excellent organizational skills and adherence to program requirements, but flexibility and an understanding of the nuances of working with a complex population. Full-time position reporting to the Leased Housing Manager in Braintree, MA. Associate’s degree required; and 2-3 years of experience in administration, tenant collections/recertifications; or equivalent education and experience. Knowledge of HUD/Section 8/Massachusetts Rental Voucher programs a plus.
- Keep occupancy, vacancy, turnover and related data current;
- Assist Leased Housing Manager with rent collection activities;
- Strict adherence to deadlines and attention to details;
- Track and complete income certification and annual recertification of residents in a timely, accurate manner; document income certification compliant with funder regulations;
- Draft leases and housing assistance payment contracts in a timely and accurate manner;
- Assist with data entry of compliance reports in Excel spreadsheets;
- Interact with residents and coordinate with case management staff regarding collection of compliance documentation in a sensitive and respectful manner;
- Timely follow up with participants on late payments and documentation for steps taken and correspondence issued;
- Responsible for generating some basic reports including the preparation of responses to agency file audit reports;
- Receipt, entry and tracking of tenant rental payments;
- Ability to generate, understand and present reports showing outstanding balances, vacancies, occupancy, etc.;
- Maintain organized and up-to-date resident and property files;
- Monitor delinquent rents and fees, support subsidy manager in taking appropriate action to collect rents and fees;
- Review monthly property financial reports and assist Subsidy Manager with creation of monthly revenue or other monitoring reports;
- Coordinate and complete inspections, access to units, and other property access;
Skills & Competencies:
Empathy: An understanding and empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues.
Professionalism: Maintains the highest level of professionalism in the delivery of services, building of relationships, collaboration with co-workers, and representation of Father Bill’s & MainSpring within the organization and the community.
Communication: Speaks appropriately in positive and/or negative conversations with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, donors and constituents; Articulates the goals of Father Bill’s & MainSpring.
Job Knowledge: Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required on the job.
Attendance: Acceptable overall attendance record, consistently at work and on time.
Reliability: Relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up. Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and is willing to be flexible with additional duties.
Adherence to Policy: Follows safety and workplace expectations, regulations and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook.
Travel: Local travel may be required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
Physical Demands: The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties as assigned may be part of the job.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.
Father Bill's & MainSpring is a growing and dynamic social service agency with particular expertise in emergency and permanent housing, work force training and development, and prevention services for people in need. Over the next five years, our strategic focus includes an increase in affordable, permanent housing, increased efficiencies in our family programs, commitment to a community center model of caring for those less fortunate, and improved community relations in order to achieve these goals.
For more information visit us at #removed#
Role: Subsidy Specialist
Apply for this job now.